We're JUST Friends

--Melanie's POV--
    "There is NOTHING between us!" I yell at Aimee, "We're JUST friends!!" I recently became friends with Ellio, or as we call him, Eli. A lot of people think he is just strange, annoying, gross, etc. But he really isn't all THAT bad. Not to me anyway. You know, I'm super chill so for me, it's all alright.
    "Why are YOU friends with... HIM?" Aimee asks.
    "He's not all bad! He pretty cool, you just don't hang out much with him."
    "Well I used to hang out with him, I've known him for a LONG time. And I know that Eli is pretty strange," she says. I even hear her mutter under her breath, "..and kinda messed up."
    The bell rings. We go to class. Eli isn't as bad as Aimee makes him sound. Sure if you don't know him he is strange, weird, and gross. But when your like me, you find him pretty chill.
    Even Farrah was surprised when I told her Eli and I were friends. She didn't judge me, but it still hurt to hear their reactions to me being friends with Eli. I didn't let it bother me though.
    " Oh Uhm, wow okay. So YOUR really friends with.... ELI?" Farrah asked for about the hundredth time.
    "Um, YEA!" I say with sass. I hung out with Eli a lot of the day, but my girls refused to let me hang out with him alone. So of course, they came with me. I think they'll eventually get along with Eli like I did. I caught them laughing too whenever he did something funny. We're all gonna get along just fine. And I mean what I say.