The Meanest Of Queens

Andrew and I have become closer than ever. Rather than spending every free moment with his friends playing basketball, he actually spares some time for me. Of course, the only problem is my friends' screams. The just can't get over how 'cute' we are together. I must say though, it's true. 

    As soon as I get to school, I notice Andrew leaning against a locker. As I start to walk towards him, I see the couple of people he is talking to. On is his his friend, Eli. And the other, I couldn't quite see. I speed walk closer, to see one with the true devil inside her. Melissa. I could tell what she was doing. She had only been about 7 inches from Andrew now. I run up and throw my arm around Andrew's shoulder. He looks back at me and smiles. I smile back and give Melissa a mean smirk. She stepped back a bit before continuing the conversation. I almost want to laugh.

                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    After the first period, I was approached by no other than the 'queen' herself. I call her this because apparently she thinks she can have anything she wants. And I don't mean JUST Andrew. If she needs ANYTHING she will get it. Part of this could be her humble parents who hardly pay attention to what she does, yet reward her for everything. As of what I heard, she gets what she wants no matter what and gets away with anything. Some feel bad for her. I try, but I just can't feel mercy for her.

    "Hey, uh.., Melanie," she says, with a toothy smile. I wanted so badly to throttle her to death. I decide to play nice. "Hi Melissa!" I exclaim with a perky tone. Her smile fades and turns into a glare, burning into the depths of my soul. I clear my throught as to cut the silence between our stares. Her eyes widen and trigger her to force me back. I'm suddenly flown back to the wall and she walks toward me with the most angry expression on her face. I feel myself sink down the wall. She continues to shuffle toward me until we are face to face. I could feel her breath on my face. 

    "You. I-" she sighs. "Melanie, I'm really sorry! I just can't help it. I'm in love with Andrew!" Immediately, my heart stops. I knew it. A sudden thrill of anger goes through me. 

    "Listen, Melissa.  I know you may think that because your mom and daddy spoil you, and you get everything in this heck of a world, that you can just take anything. Without harming anyone's feelings. News flash! Life is not about you!" I scream. My eyes tear up and I can see her chest sink. "I- Just.... stop. Please. I love Andrew too much to have you take him from me," I turn and feel the tears dribble down my face. I hear behind me Melissa, gasping for air. She clearly hasn't been truly told her sins. I begin to shuffle my feet faster. I was ready to leave. The school. everyone. I wanted to go home. But it was just my luck to see Andrew awaiting at my path. Before he can even look at me in such a state, I turn and run to the bathroom.

    I splash freezing water on my face before bursting in tears. I hadn't known why I was crying so hard, but I couldn't help it. Suddenly, my chest sinks in embarrassment for I hear one of the stars open. I jump as a hand is placed upon my shoulder. "Melanie! What's wrong? Are you okay? Who's face is going to be ripped apart?" I turn and face Aimee. I embrace her in a hug, soaking the shoulder of her shirt in tears."It's... I'm just upset because Melissa likes Andrew!" I say. "She pretty much asked me to break up with him." Aimee pulls away and grips my shoulders. "She can not just do that! You didn't actually break up with Andrew did you?" She says with a hint of worry. "I know right! But no, of course I didn't break up with Andrew! But Melissa! She is just such a... potato!" I say, trying to laugh. "Melanie, you don't have anything to worry about. Andrew is yours and always will be. Because he loves you!"

    I choose to believe it.