Truths and Dares and Heartbreaking News

"So, what do you want to do?" Aimee says. "Uh, I don't know," Farrah replies. "We could play truth or dare!" I exclaim, a little too excitedly. We all burst out laughing. "Sure, why not?" Aimee starts and we keep moving back and forth. All was fun and games, until a very disliked dare was given to me. Of course, dares aren't always good. The problem is when YOU are the one with a scary dare. Especially if it is asking your crush if he likes you as more than a friend. 

    "Dare, because why not?"  I say, feeling confident. "So, You know how you 'like like' Andr-" I cut off Aimee's sentence before she could finish. I knew EXACTLY what she had been hinting to. "NO! No no no! I know what you're doing but you can't make me!" our game had been suddenly interrupted when Brie had come to join us in our circle. I see a glint of sadness in her eye. She tears up but doesn't cry. "So, uh. Yea, Andrew and I broke up."

    I didn't know how to feel. Sad for my friend's loss? Or Happy for the chance to be with my possible true love? "Aww! I'm sorry Brie." I say sympathetically. "It's okay. I'm fine, and you don't have to be sorry! There wasn't anything you could do about it."

    I truly felt bad for Brie's loss, but I couldn't get rid of the thought that Andrew was now single. I may just have a chance. We all showed how sympathetic we were for her, before she ran off to some of her other friends. Afterward, we decided to continue playing truth or dare. Of course, Aimee didn't forget her perfect dare. At least I wouldn't feel bad doing it. Just super embarrassed and nervous. "So, Melanie. I dare you to go tell Andrew that you think he looks HOT!" Aimee says and laughs. My cheeks turn a vibrant red as I blush furiously. I couldn't help the thought that it was true. I really did think that. That doesn't mean that was the only reason I truly loved him though. 

    "Ugh, FINE I'll do it," I say, giving into the dare. It was a dare after all. I walk toward Andrew slowly, stalling for time. No matter how hard I tried, I wasn't able to be slow enough to wait until the bell, signaling for school to start. I had't realized how early we arrived at school. Before I knew it, I was only a few feet from Andrew, who had just been with his group after playing basketball. I force myself not to blush. I always seem to be fine hanging out with him, but this just made me want to explode. "Hey Andrew!" I say as normal as possible. "What's up?" He says curiously. My heart flutters. How am I supposed to tell him that he was hot? I would sound so stupid! 

    "Actually, I'm glad you came around Melanie," he said."I have to ask you something if that's okay," I can see his face turn a little red. I get nervous. Very nervous. "Oh,uh, okay. Ask away." He smiles and then looks at me seriously. "Melanie, will you be my girlfriend?"

    I am shocked. My eyes grow wide and I don't know what to say. "Andrew I- uh. Yea! Yea-yes I'll be your girlfriend!" I say. He smiles and we break out into laughter at my stuttering. "Oh, and I was supposed to tell you that you look hot." "OH I see, was it a dare or do you really mean it?" he says as he pulls on a smirk. "Haha, you wish," I laugh as I walk back toward Aimee. Okay, so I lied. I kind of DID mean it. I mean, is it really bad to think he's hot? 

    Doesn't matter. All that matters is I ain't no single pringle any more. For now at least.