News, That Broke His Heart.

-Back to Melanie's POV-

    I called Andrew to tell him how happy I was that we hung out. He picked up, and it almost sounded as if he were crying. Little, small sniffles here and there. 

    "Hey Andrew, what's wrong?" I say, panicking. He takes a hesitant breath. "Hey, uh, are you watching the news right now?" he says, unsteady. "No, since when would I watch the news?" I say, with a nervous, half-laugh. "Well, you should probably take a look,"  he says.

     I turn the tv on, and sigh as I change the channel to the news. I was shocked.

     "Breaking News: Melissa Kosher has been declared missing for the time being. According to her mother she had been on her way to the park. It is unknown whether or not she made it there, but she never returned home."

    "Oh my god Andrew! I'm so sorry..." I say. I wasn't sure whether to be happy that my rival was gone, or to be sad that 1. someone died and 2. I may happy about it. Then again, I knew Melissa at least. It makes me a little upset that she's missing, who knows what happened to her? 

    "Yeah... I don't think I can go to school tomorrow," Andrew said as I heard him sigh. I thought that if Melissa were gone everything would be better. The thing is, it hurts way to much to see Andrew so upset. I wish I could be there for him, but I had church today. 

     "Andrew, I can't even begin to tell you how sad it makes me feel to hear you this way..," I start to say. Suddenly, Andrew cuts me off. "Of course, all you care about is me! I should be flattered, but I just can't believe that Melissa is MISSING and all you care about ME! I know you were never much friends with Melissa, but you could at least have a HEART!" Andrew screams. 

    I couldn't say anything, I was shocked. "uh- A-ndrew?" I stutter. It took me a moment to realize  that he hung up on me. I didn't move. I listened to the beep of the call. 

    As soon as it stopped, I lay down with the feeling of my stomach aching. A feeling of which there was a huge hole, that cut through my heart. My soul. My everything had just drifted away somehow. I stay there and lay down, and daydream of what could've been, and what is now. 

    How could I have been so heartless? Now Andrew is more upset at me than ever. 

    As I think about what he said, I realize that I'm a real bad person. He was right, I was only thinking about him. The real tragedy that happened was about Melissa. For once, I actually found myself feeling sad for Melissa being missing. What is happening to me?