Thanksgiving

(OKAY I know it's no where near thanksgiving anymore but I took a break for a while. Although, this chapter is a big part of the story soooooooooo.)
     You can ask anyone, Jesus and I are always making out. Whenever, wherever, but he's super sweet and I love him.
     We play footsies in class.
     We make each other laugh.
     We exchange smiles....
     Life is good, I'm happy.
     I just hope it lasts.

     Thanksgiving morning. I'm excited because I love food. I really, really, really like food. I couldn't live without it. Literally. Little did I know that everything would go downhill...
     As I walked into the kitchen, I set my phone down on the table. Screen side up. I search the kitchen for breakfast.
    Still searching, I hear a "ding!" ring on my phone and I stop and go toward my phone. Coincidently, Mom walks through the hall, past the table and takes a glance at my phone. Jesus. Texted. Me. At. The. Most. Horrible. Possible. Time.
     My mom hadn't known I had a boyfriend, my dad was fine with it, he didn't care. My mom on the other hand, would not let it happen.
     My heart was racing, and my whole body started shaking as I quickly grab my phone, hoping she didn't see.
     Guess what, she saw.

     End me now. Oh wait, no need my mom is going to KILL ME anyway.

     The lecture I got was to brutal to even describe. Lots of screaming, yelling, and I swear her face got red like an actual angry emoji. (example:😡) (However, if the emoji doesn't show up just think of a face on a tomato.)
     Of course, I was grounded for a week, and my phone has been confiscated for god knows how long. Well, that's just great. Oh, did I mention she forced me to break up with Jesus OVER TEXT? No, not even text. Over SNAPCHAT. So my life is completely over, and this is going to be a GREAT Thanksgiving.
     I sat and watched the Thanksgiving parade that morning, since the TV was the ONLY electronic I wasn't grounded from, apart from anything school/education/homework related. I watched and ate a breakfast burrito while thinking over everything that just happened. Eventually, I just couldn't hold back. I threw the other half of my burrito away and marched to my room, shut the door, and cried. Silently cried, but cried. It hurt. I hope Jesus isn't mad at me, and I hope everything will be okay.
     You know what? It's my life. I will play by MY OWN rules. Does my mother really think she can stop me from being in love?
     I have a plan. I very simple one, but I suppose it's technically a plan.
     First move, get to school on Monday.
     Guess what second move is? If you guessed find Jesus, then you're right.
     Move three, we date in secret.
     So... basically do what we did before and continue to date but... this time Mom won't find out.
     Besides, this has to work for a while since Jesus won't be messaging me, since I won't have a stupid phone.
     It's perfect. It's-
     Dammit. I hear that stupid voice scream that it's time to go for Thanksgiving. You know, go to our relative's house and eat food. I bet this will go well.

     It didn't.
     My dad didn't care that I was dating before. Once Mom found out and I got in trouble, he didn't talk to me all Thanksgiving. Everything was AWFUL that day. The awkward, the anger, and the whole room just felt like a hot, boiling summer day. It's not even summer. I just want to die.
     Well... I least I got turkey...
     Better luck next year...?