Chapter Two

Lauren's Pov

I was finishing putting my last suitcase on a carrier before my mom called my name. "Lauren, honey hurry up. You do not want to miss your flight:" she said. I made sure I had everything and rushed into the airport. We were rushing inside because I woke up kinda late and had not finish all my packing last night.

-"I am surprised you even got up today. You and Camila stayed up all night talking on the phone" my mom said while laughing.

-"We are both just very excited, I have not seen her since high school graduation" I say as we hit check in. I started looking in my bag for my ticket and could not find it. I was starting to freak out till my mom coughed and got my attention. Once I looked at her she started waving my ticket.

-"Honey you would lose your head if it was not attached to you. I was cleaning up your room last night and saw it just laying on the floor" she said. I laughed and gave her a quick thank you. Once I was done going through processing my mom walked me to my gate.

-"I am going to miss you Lo, gosh you just grew up so fast. I am just so proud of you. Make sure you call me once you are settled in and be careful, do not go crazy while you are there" my mom said all in one breath.

"I will mom and I am going to miss you too. Make sure you tell Chris and Taylor I love them once they come back from Mike's" I say getting angry towards the end.

-"Lauren I know you are upset because he left us, but when are you going to talk to him" she says. See my dad left my mom a few years ago, because he was cheating on her with another woman. I do not have any respect left for him, he hurt my mom really bad and she has not been the same since.

Before I can respond they call for my flight. I give my mom a hug and she kisses my head before she lets me go.

-"I love you honey be safe" she says. "I will and I love you too, bye mom" I say. I she waves goodbye and I walk towards the gates to get on my flight. After giving the woman my ticket I enter the plane and find my seat. I take out my headphones and turn on The 1975. New York here I come.

After Landing

Once we landed and I got my bags and I started looking for Camila. I looked everywhere for her and I was thinking she forgot till a pair of hand wrapped around my eyes.

-"Guess who?" she says. "hmm, is it JLo?" I say, she giggles and then turns me around for a hug. I hug her back and she grabs one of my bags after.

-"Welcome to New York Lo" she says with a big smile as we walk out the airport. Once we step outside I am just amazed. I can't help, but think of all the photos I can take here.

-"It's beautiful here Camz, I can see why you talk about it so much" I say. Once we get to her car she puts my bags in the car and we start to head home. On the drive there we talk about each others lives and about the latest musical Camila was in. She is really talented, she can sing and act and has been good at them both since we were young. Camila cut off my daydreaming by asking me a question.

-Hey Lo, have you thought of any place you would like to work" she asked. "Yeah, I applied to a bunch of places for photography and they all had already hired someone" I say.

-"If you want I can ask Ally if she would not mind helping you get a job where she works. She is kinda of a maid for this one woman names (Y/f/n) Gibson, but Ally says it is a really easy job" Camila says.

"Who is (Y/f/n), she sounds important if she has hired a maid" I ask. "That's because she is. She owns Gibson Inc and its a big military company of some sort. She is like a billionaire" She says. "I really need a job so if you wouldn't mind asking Ally" I say.

"Of course, i'll ask her once we get settled in, by the way we are here" she says while pulling up to the house. It's a cute little house and I already love it. We get out the car and grab all my bags. I almost slip going up the steps and Camila laughs while getting her keys out.

"Here we are, home sweet home. I will help you take your bags upstairs and everyone else should be home soon" she says. We head upstairs and she shows me to the room at the end of the hall. We get everything inside and unpacked and then I hear what seems like three girls come inside the house. Camila and I head downstairs to meet them.

"Hey guys Lauren is here" Camila yells as we head downstairs. Once we are in the livingroom three girls stand there. I can guess who is who based off the photos Camila showed me.

"Hi, I am Lauren" I say introducing myself. "Hey dawg, I am Dinah and this is my girlfriend Normani" she says while pointing at the girl holding her hand. Normani waves while looking down at her phone. "Excuse her, she has a big dance final and she is looking for the time she is suppose to be there" Dinah says.

"Hi, I am Ally" the shorter girl says with a big smile. I was going to shake her hand till she pulled me in for a hug. We all sit down and start talking about ourselves. I learned that Dinah is a school music teacher, Normani is a dancer for this studio, and Ally works for that woman from earlier while she finishes up her last year of grad school. We all seem to be getting along great and after some time Camila orders pizza.

While eating Camila talks to Ally about the job for me. "Hey Ally, do you think your boss is hiring right now?" she asks. "Yeah she is actually looking for someone to work the opposite days and some of the same days as me since school is starting up and I can't go in super early anymore. Why do you ask" Ally says.

"Lo, here needs a job and I was wondering if you could get her hired on" Camila says. "Yeah I can, but I hope you can pass a background check and all. She also requires that you sign a contract, she is also a really private person and crazy organized, so I hope you can keep up with that" she says while looking at me.

"Yeah I can. How organized can she be, she sounds like a control freak" I say. "She likes for thing to be in their place, stuff to be color organized and stuff like that. It's actually really not that bad of an idea. She never loses things and can easily find them if they are in the order she expects them to be" Ally says. I nod my head and she tells me that she will send her boss an email and ask her to send the application forms to me.

After everyone finished eating we all head upstairs and go do the stuff we need to do. Once I finish setting up my room, I pull out my laptop thinking I would start applying for other jobs, just in case I did not get hired on with Ally. Before I start searching for jobs I get an email notification and the subject line states "Application For Ms. Jauregui to work for Ms. Gibson" that was quicker than I thought. I open the application and I noticed the questions are really detailed along with the description of the job. After filling it out and hitting submit, I was thinking it would take a couple of days to hear back, but I was wrong. While watching a movie I got another email notification with a different subject line "Welcome and Congratulations Ms. Jauregui" wow that was quick.

I open the email and there is a link at the bottom names rules and expectations. I open it and start reading. Man this woman has some weird rules like: I expect my underwear and shirts to be put up and cleaned a certain way, any food in the fridge must be put up this way, no pictures can be taken while in the house, you must sign the contract before you can start and if anything in the contract is broken you will be fined, and you must be out of the house before 8:00 P.M. every night.

Even with her weird rules, I decided to sign the contract anyways, it mainly is all about keeping her privacy anyways. After shutting my computer and laying down I get a text from Ally says that our now boss wants me to come in with her tomorrow at 8 A.M. to start working. This woman moves fast, I look over at my clock and see that it is midnight so i decide to go ahead and go to bed.