02 | Aiden's Demand

02
aiden's demand

"I don't like this place. I'm leaving."

Claudia looks up from her magazine. I asked the concierge if they could give me Claudia's hotel room number after she ditched me. I'm guessing they knew who she is to Aiden and her boyfriend Jordan.

She frowns at my blunt greeting, "What? Why? We just got here!"

"I don't care," I tell her, "I'm leaving and that's final."

"Aw, why so soon princess? I just got the pleasure of meeting you."

I'd know that voice anywhere just by hearing it for three minutes about half an hour ago.

I turn to face Aiden who has a smug look on his face.

Crossing my arms, I say, "I'm getting homesick, therefore, I'm leaving."

"You're probably just cramped up from being in a car for hours," he tells me.

He's playing games with me.

"No, it's not that," I say firmly, "I just want to go home."

"With what car?" Claudia asks behind me, "I'm not lending you mine. I need it here."

I sigh loudly and run my fingers through my hair, "I can't afford all this and college."

"I'll take care of it," Aiden says, his deep voice messing my thoughts up, "But you're not staying in this room."

I frown, "Why not? Claudia's my friend."

"Yes, and she has a boyfriend. A couple has needs, therefore, you're not staying in this room."

I know this is a stupid question but I have to ask, "Then where am I staying?"

He smiles, "With me, princess."

I shake my head, flabbergasted, "What—No! No way in hell!" I shout.

"Eleanor—" Claudia speaks up.

"Don't," I say harshly, glaring at her. I turn back to Aiden, "I'm not staying in bed with a stranger. Besides, there's hundreds of other rooms in this hotel!"

"Those rooms are for guests," Aiden says calmly, probably dealt with this reaction before, "You're not a guest here."

My breathing hitches, his words bringing shivers to my body, "Then what am I?"

Aiden smiles, "You're my friend. And friends don't sleep in other friend's guest rooms. They'll get the presidential suite... with me," he glances at Claudia. "Which is why Claudia and Jordan are staying in the guest rooms."

I hear Claudia scoff behind me.

I don't know whether to be grateful or scared. Aiden gives me bad vibes just by looking at him. He isn't a good person, I can tell. His aura screams danger and that's exactly what I'm running from.

Stop being stubborn! My mind yells.

"Come on Eleanor," Claudia speaks up, "It's just three weeks. I promise!"

I think it through for a moment. "Fine," I say reluctantly, "I'll stay with you. But keep your hands to yourself."

Aiden's eyes bore into mine, "I can't keep that promise."

"Well, if you break it, I'm leaving," I say, shrugging.

"That's why I'm not making any promises. I know I'll break them."

I inhale a huge breath and breathe out slowly, "Lead the way."

♠♠♠