08 | Getting Closer

08
getting closer

"I can't believe we're leaving again," Claudia says, "You should've fought harder."

"I think we've both established I always loose when it comes to voicing my opinions," I tell her.

She sighs. "You're right," she looks around her dorm room, "Do you think we're coming back?"

I shrug, "I hope so. If not, we'll have to beg Aiden. He has to get tired of us eventually, right?" I chuckle nervously.

Claudia looks at me, almost in pity, "When men like him get bored, they don't send their entertainment away, babe. They erase them. Permanently."

I shiver at her words, my thoughts going to places I never thought they'd go.

I shake my head of the horrid thoughts, and plaster a fake cheerful smile on my face.

"Well, we're traveling! It's what we always wanted, right?"

She looks at me like a hopeless parent would to their crazy child.

"That part's not bad but the main reason is."

My smile falters, "Claudia, please don't ruin my mood."

"I'm sorry, it's just... if Aiden's here, that means Jordan's here."

"You're wrong about that."

We both spin to Aiden's voice.

"Stop eavesdropping into our conversations," I scowl.

"Your conversations always involve me," he says, "I think I have every right since you seem to always gossip about me."

I snort, "Don't flatter yourself."

"I'm afraid I'm already flattered," he winks at me before turning back to Claudia, "I'm happy to say that Jordan is no longer with us. He was a traitor and I don't accept that."

Claudia nods timidly, hugging herself, "Was it painful?"

He chuckles darkly, "Very painful."

"We're done packing," I announce, getting rid of the darkness in the room, "We're ready to leave whenever you are."

"Why are you so willing to leave with me?" he asks, suspicion in his tone, "I saw in your eyes, you wanted to kick and scream when I brought you to Paris."

I raise an eyebrow, "I've always wanted to see Italy."

His eyebrows raise in interest, "Oh really? How come?"

"Italian men are hot," Claudia pitches in.

I nod, agreeing with her.

He grins, "Thank you, Claudia. I always knew you had a thing for me."

She laughs softly, shaking her head like an embarrassed friend would. "We should go," she announces.

Aiden looks at me, "It'll be worth it. I promise."

I nod once, "I thought you don't make promises you can't keep."

"For you, this time I'll try."

♠♠♠

The view of Italy from the hotel room balcony is breathtaking. Aiden demanded I stay with him so he can 'protect me' but I knew that wasn't the reason he wanted me close by.

He may be annoying and overly protective and cocky, but something about him draws me in.

He was like a painting that wasn't finished. Or a painting that was finished, but just got messed up along the way.