09 | Claudia's Obligation

09
claudia's obligation

"You're staring," Aiden mumbles.

"I'm just studying your face," I sigh.

"I really need to start doing something about this whole staring situation."

I smile, "I think you like it when I look at you."

"Gazing and staring are two different things," he murmurs.

We were both in bed, still haven't gotten up yet even though we've been awake for fifteen minutes.

I didn't want to leave his side. It's unlike me to feel this way towards Aiden of all people. I guess last night's story brought us closer.

Aiden has his eyes covered with his arm, giving me a good view of his muscled chest and abs. Totally swoon worthy.

I have my arm prepping me up, like some creep who watches people sleep.

"Are you doing anything today?" I murmur.

He sighs, removing his arm and glancing at me, "I should be."

"But?" I push.

He rolls on his side and trails his fingers up and down my arm, "I don't want to leave this moment."

A smile forms onto my face, "I'm just too comfortable to get out of bed."

He grins, "Don't lie, princess. It doesn't suit you."

"I'm not!" I argue.

There's a knock on the door before I hear it opening and closing. I listen to the high heels clinking against the marble floor until the door to the bedroom opens.

Claudia's eyes widen at the sight of Aiden and I in bed, looking comfortable as ever. Her shocked face becomes a smirk.

"I knew it," she says, "I knew it! You sons of bitches were hiding it from me!"

I laugh softly, laying flat on my back, adding more pillows onto my head to see her better, "I love how you assume we're together when we're really not."

Claudia frowns in confusion, looking back and forth between Aiden and I. "You're not?" she nearly whimpers, "Well why not?!"

I chuckle, "Because the point of being friends is being friends only."

Her eyebrows furrow, "I have no idea what you just said."

Neither am I but I'm just winging it.

I smile anyway, "That's the thing about mind control. You never know what's going on."

I hear Aiden snort.

I glance at him, "Penny for your thoughts."

"I think you women think too much of me," he smirks.

"Here's your mocha frap," Claudia hands me my coffee that I didn't even know she was holding, "Grande, of course."

"I can't even finish a grande," I complain.

"Well, I paid for it so suck it up and slurp that thing and wait until it goes to your thighs," she orders, smacking my arm.

I play with the whip cream, sucking it on my finger. I hear a slight groan when I do so. I glance at Aiden but he was looking at the wall with his eyes tightly shut.

I know exactly what he's thinking.

Embarrassed and flushed, I roll off the bed and head to the bathroom. I hear Claudia and Aiden's muffled voices while I brush my teeth. Stripping naked, I step into the hot steamy shower and enjoy the feeling of the water falling on me.

There's a knock on the bathroom door.

"May I join you?" Aiden calls out.

I bang on the shower wall to somehow tell him no. I hope he understands what the banging on the wall means.

I quickly step out and wrap a towel around my body. I put a silk robe around myself as well so Aiden won't get any ideas. He's been different lately, more... carefree. Is this what he was like before he became a criminal?

I step out into the bedroom to see Aiden talking on the phone with his back face to me. He speaks lowly and doesn't seem to know I'm right behind him.

I change into clothes quickly in case this was my only chance of putting on clothes. I clear my throat to gain his attention.

He turns his head to me and a small smile appears on his face. He excuses himself and hangs up, crawling beside me on the bed.

He lays the side of his head on the pillow, lazily gazing up at me, "I have plans for us today."

"What plans?" I ask, sipping my mocha frap.

"It's a surprise."

"I hate surprises," I inform him.

"Technically, I was a surprise when you showed up to my hotel," he smirks.

I chuckle, "No wonder why I hate you."

His grin disappears and a scowl replaces it, "You won't be saying that for much longer, princess."

My phone vibrates and I see a text from Claudia.

Come to my room. It's urgent.

My fingers twitch and I glance at Aiden. He stares back at me, relaxed and calm. Should I ruin his mood now?

"Just go," he mumbles into the pillow, his eyes slowly closing, "I'll wait here."

I frown in confusion, "What if it's bad news?"

"That's up to Claudia," he replies, turning away from me.

Does he know what she wants to tell me?

I have an itching urge to ask him but I have a feeling he won't tell me no matter what I do or say. We're in his hotel, under his roof where he knows everything anywhere.

"Well, whatever it is... I hope it doesn't mess anything up," I murmur softly, "Finally, our lives are in balance."

Aiden snorts lightly, "Don't ever say that again, princess. In this line of living, it doesn't last very long. Enjoy it now."

I bite my lip, curiosity and anxiety overwhelming me. I slowly get out of bed and go to Claudia's room. The hotel was nearly empty, only some maids smiling and nodding when I past them.

I knock on Claudia's door. She opens it and pulls me inside hurriedly.

I hiss in pain, rubbing my arm, "What's wrong?"

I see her holding a stick in her hand. She fans herself with her other hand, trying to calm her breathing.

"I think I'm pregnant," Claudia breathes, gulping nervously, "It has to be Jordan's. I don't know what to do." She falls to her ground, hugging her legs to her chest and rocking herself.

The pregnancy stick falls to the ground and I look at the pink plus sign. I look to Claudia but she was mumbling to herself.

I hug her and try to calm her down. She's crying softly while I pat her hair and back.

"Does Aiden know?" I murmur.

She laughs humorlessly, "How would he know? I just found out now!"

"When you texted me, he seemed like he was suspicious."

"Well, he is Aiden Giovanni," she chuckles bitterly, "He knows everything."

"We'll get through this, I promise."

"Well, well."

Claudia and I spin to the voice by the doorway. Aiden stands with a mocking expression.

He stares at me.

"Seems like this is the first chapter to our story."