19 | Realization Hits

"What would you give your lover for their birthday?" Claudia asks suddenly.

I give her a weird look, "I've never had a 'lover' before, much less a boyfriend so, how would I know?"

She rolls her eyes, "It was a simple question. Don't have to be so specific about your life, Eleanor."

Claudia goes back to roaming through clothes, pushing the cart around. We haven't been shopping in a while, me never buying more than two things since the I like things that are never in stores.

Claudia picks up a shirt that goes down to the valley of my breasts and throws it at me, "It makes your B cup size look bigger."

"Gee, thanks," I say, throwing it back on the table. I push the shopping cart further, "Why did you ask?"

"Huh?" she questions.

"Why did you ask about giving a lover a present?" I repeat, bumping my cart to her's on purpose for some entertainment.

Claudia looks at me strangely before turning her attention on a red see through blouse, "Oh, uh, just that Aiden's birthday is coming up."

I slowly push the empty cart forward, "Oh..."

She nods, "Yeah, oh."

I smile awkwardly, "Nice to know. Are we done here?"

She frowns, "You haven't bought anything yet!"

"Well, I forgot my wallet so it's not like I could," I tell her, wanting to go home and rest.

"Is your arm feeling better?"

I bring my heavy cast up, "It's slowly healing. It's getting there."

Claudia leaves her cart of clothes in the middle of the aisle and links our arms together, "Alright, let's go home."

  ♠♠♠  

"I can't believe you were following me," I exclaim.

Aiden types away on his laptop, not once glancing at me, "Is it wrong of me wanting to keep a close eye on you?"

"It is when you're taking it to a whole other level," I say.

"You left without telling me where you were," he glares, "You could've gotten hurt if my men weren't watching you. You're so stubborn, princess."

"And you're invasive," I state, "Looks like we both need to work on something."

He sighs, rubbing his forehead. It brings me joy to know I'm stressing him out.

"Eleanor—"

"Happy birthday by the way," I cut in quickly.

Aiden's eyebrows furrow in confusion, "What?"

"Happy birthday," I repeat.

He looks at me strangely, "Okay..."

I raise an eyebrow, "Okay?"

He nods slowly with a puzzled expression.

I nod too, "Okay. Bye." 

I walk towards the door when I hear him call out.

"Wait!"

I slowly turn around. Aiden stands up and tucks his hands in his suit pockets, "It's not my birthday, but I'm sure Claudia's the one who told you that."

I laugh nervously, scratching my head, "Yeah, she did."

"I'm sure she used that excuse to hide her newfound relationship with Lorenzo."