18 | Forgive and Forget

"Aiden Giovanni has been seen on the streets after shooting CEO business founder, Bastiann Mitchells," the anchor announces, "After the death of Mr. Mitchells, Giovanni has been seen leaving in his vehicle which the police are searching for right now. Witnesses state that Giovanni was out for blood."

Aiden's been watching the news since I woke up two hours ago. I don't think he knows or cares I'm standing behind him, watching him.

The doctor says my cast should be on for a month or two. The bullet didn't hit any important arteries like Damien said which I'm relieved about. My parents called, worried for my safety since the shootout is close to me.

It's been a real rollercoaster lately.

Claudia comes in the room with Lorenzo. She holds a cup of Starbucks for me and I eagerly take it.

Lorenzo claps his hands together, "Good morning ladies and lads. Let's have a beautiful day today, shall we?" he gives Aiden a pointed look, "No bloodshed today, right?"

Aiden grunts in response.

Lorenzo turns off the TV and sits beside Aiden. Claudia and I sit on the couch in front of them. I prop my legs on the coffee table.

"How's your arm?" Claudia asks, nodding at my cast.

"Sore," I reply, noticing Aiden's concentrated stare on me.

"I'll get you some pain killers," Aiden sighs.

I nod, not really knowing what else to say.

Lorenzo glances between the two of us. I give him a challenging look.

"Well, this is exciting," he says, "Damien's out to kill us all and here we are in a hotel as always, talking about our modern lives."

Claudia glares at Lorenzo, "Shut up, dude. We never asked to be here, did we?"

He snorts, "We saved your life."

"Because you bitches put it in danger," she snaps back.

"Ooooh," I say, looking at Lorenzo for his comeback.

He scowls at her but doesn't say anything.

Aiden puts his face in his hands, obviously stressed out.

"Are you worried about the shootout?" I ask, "What exactly happened?"

"Money hungry motherfuckers tried to ambush us," Lorenzo explains, "We lost some men but we managed to kill their leader. Bastiaan Mitchells was behind the whole thing. Us bloody idiots were too pissed off to care about the witnesses and victims in the crossfire."

"So you ran, before the police came," Claudia summarizes.

Lorenzo nods. He nudges Aiden with his arm, "My boy over here informed me Jordan was apart of them. Bloody idiot."

Aiden groans, throwing his head back on the couch, "We'll deal with them later. Pay off the witnesses and the reporters. The news has already done their damage."

"Twenty million," Lorenzo says.

Aiden nods in agreement, his mind someplace else. He makes eye contact with me.

"Lorenzo, why don't you take Claudia out to eat brunch?"

Lorenzo raises an eyebrow and Claudia looks at me for reassurance. I smile and nod.

"Thank you," Aiden says, making me frown, "For forgiving me. I know it couldn't have been easy for you."

"I haven't forgiven you yet, you still have to make it up to me," I remind him.

He chuckles and nods, "Will do, Eleanor."

"What's the plan?"

"Well, I remember how you looked in red, but seeing as to what happened the last time I took you out to dinner... I've decided I'll let you choose."

I smile, "Rooftop dinner?"

He glances at the balcony and back at me, hugging my waist and bringing our bodies closer.

"If my princess wants a rooftop dinner, then she'll get a rooftop dinner."

♠♠♠

I never thought building lights would ever bring me such joy and excitement. I guess Aiden spent his fair share with breathtaking views.

"Like I've said before, the view is better looking over here."

I smile, knowing Aiden feels abandoned when I don't give him much attention. His ego is humongous.

"I don't know... this view is pretty good too," I tease, turning around.

Aiden wears a suit, as usual and I look like a girl he's banged that broke an arm. It took me decades to find a dress that would look decent with my cast.

He smiles, making him look dashing as ever, "Well then, you need to see me naked more often."

I blush furiously at his innuendo. He offers me his hand and I take it, sitting opposite him with a small round table with candles on it and roses everywhere.

He must have never done this before because this is beyond cliche. But he gets points for trying.

"I didn't plan the candle and roses," Aiden says, clearly reading my thoughts.

I try to hide my smile but fail miserably, "Hey, I'm not complaining. This is cute."

He scoffs, "Cute?"

I nod and shrug, "Yeah! Cute."

He scowls, "Clearly, Lorenzo and Claudia doesn't know your taste."

I raise an eyebrow, "And you do?"

He stares at me, "Touché."

The rooftop door opens and two waiters come in with plates on their arms. They set down a plate of steak and lobsters before smiling and leaving.

Aiden puts his chin on both of his hands, his elbows on the table and smiles at me like a little boy.

"Eat. Enjoy. But mark my words, these won't be the best things to ever be in your mouth."

I cough, the wine spilling on the table. Aiden bursts out laughing, making me cough even more. He finds amusement in my struggles.

He doesn't seem to find that I've spit on our food and put red wine stains on the white table cloth. He smirks, handing me a fancy napkin and leans back, patiently waiting for me to compose myself.

I send him a heated glare, "You're hot and all, but your sex remarks have got to stop."

He bites his lip to keep from laughing, "Of course. Whatever you say, Royalty."

I smirk, "Loving that title more and more."

Aiden picks up his wine glass and swirls it around, "I understand you have some questions."

"We don't have to talk about that right now."

"I want to," he takes a sip of the wine before setting it down, "I wasn't following you. I forced myself from checking in on you. The shootout started as a way to send a message to Damien and his minions. I told you, you were free of me. I meant it then but now... now I'm seeing it's our fate to be together."

I look down at my plate, "Aiden..."

"You should be safe now," he glances at my cast, "Damien will pay for ever hurting you. That's a promise I can actually make," he shakes his head, "That's more than a promise. It's an oath, I swear to you, Eleanor, Damien will suffer for ever pointing a gun at you."

I lean back on my chair, my arms crossed, "Then I forgive you. You've made it up to me."

His eyes hold another promise.

You'll never be free of me again, his dark gray eyes tell me.