04 | Seeing Red

04
seeing red

Aiden hasn't come back in two hours. I didn't have much to do, other than form a plan to leave this place. Paris, Aiden, Claudia, everything and just go back to worrying about my essays and finals.

And to think it was only a day I've met Aiden.

This trip was supposed to be a vacation, not to travel and be abandoned by some Italian guy who makes my knees weak and my head fuzzy by just talking.

The hotel's doors open, revealing a very messy Aiden.

He looks drained of energy, of life. He doesn't acknowledge me when he walks into the bedroom, undressing himself on the way there.

I stand up from my spot on the couch and follow him inside the room to see him in his birthday suit. I squeal softly and turn around, my eyes squeezed shut.

I hear Aiden chuckle softly.

"Why do you have blood on your clothes?" I manage to ask out loud.

He doesn't reply.

Instead, I fell his strong arms wrap around my body and spin me to face him. I hold in my breath to keep from smelling the metallic odor of blood on his body. I was sure I'd vomit any moment just by looking at all the blood.

Aiden doesn't seem to care either.

He caresses my jaw and before I know it, I'm bending over and throwing up my lunch. The smell is too much for me to handle.

He softly rubs my back like he knew it was coming. I got some vomit on my jeans and shoes and some on Aiden's perfectly sized feet.

Aiden tsks, "Oh, no. Now we're both dirty." His tone fakes sadness and disappointment. "I guess we'll have to shower together."

I wipe my mouth and look at him like he's crazy. Maybe he is but I'm too scared to say it out loud.

I shake my head softly. "N-no," I manage to say.

His eyes changed from gray to something I can't read. Something I'd barely call human.

"Now, princess," his voice is low with demanding.

I gulp and step back, shaking my head softly again. He steps forward, not seeming to care he's exposed and vulnerable in front of me.

He reaches out and wraps his hand around my waist before bringing me closer to him and wraps his other hand around my throat, caressing my chin with his thumb as he gazes down at me.

"You know," he breathes out, "I'm a fan of good girls... but sometimes a man needs a little naughty in his life."

I gulp at his words, my eyes forced to look into his and no where else.

"You've made a mess," he continues, "Now you've got to clean it up."

I take in his words, processing them in my head. He wants me to shower with him. If I refuse... I know he's capable of other things. I know he's good with a gun. His hands are rough but gentle at the same time.

"What are you," I breathe out without knowing. Aiden intrigues me for some reason.

I watch his dry lips move, "I told you. I'm the Dark Knight."

I shake my head. "There has to be more to the story," my voice is soft and quiet, afraid of making him snap.

"If I were to say I'm a nightmare... would you want to wake up or continue till the end?" his eyes search my face for any detail and expression.

"I'm a big fan of happy endings," I tell him, not giving him a straight answer since he's so good at them.

"Then show me the adventure," Aiden pulls his head down and connects our lips.

I don't know what to do. He caught me by surprise. Do I stop him? Push him? I can't help but lean in, inviting him to explore my mouth.

Have I gone crazy or is it just him who makes me this way?

Aiden Giovanni's lips are a drug and I'm willing to get addicted to them.

He pulls back, his eyes dark with lust, longing, and desire.

"It's time for us to clean up, isn't it? Wouldn't want to be rude to our maids, would we?"

♠♠♠

All eyes are on Aiden and I when we walk into this so called 'party'.

Men and women nod at Aiden respectfully and glance at me in curiosity like I was Aiden's new piece of jewel or something.

I see Claudia walk over to us with a grin.

"Well look who made it on time! I thought we'd have to wait a few hours!" she wiggles her eyebrows with a knowing smirk on her face.

I try to show her with my eyes to shut up. That there's nothing between Aiden and I. But this bitch doesn't know when to stop.

Aiden sighs, clearly irritated, "Go find someone else to bother, Claudia. Perhaps your boyfriend."

Claudia scowls, crossing her arms, "He's busy right now, so you both are my entertainment for the meantime."

Aiden scoffs. "Entertainment? This party is supposed to be entertainment. Why don't you show Eleanor out back," he looks at me, a menacing smile on his angelic face.

My body becomes rigid. I have a feeling there's a double meaning to his words, as always. He's always up to something and it always involves me.

I shake my head, taking small steps back. Aiden lets his arm fall from my waist and watches me intensely.

"I'm not going 'out back'," I say grimly, crossing my arms.

"I'm afraid you've mistaken me for someone who's asking," he replies lowly, dark aura in his words.

"Ellie," Claudia says, almost as if she's warning me, "Come on, I'll show you the decorations!"

Aiden waits for my response. His presence is putting me under pressure.

I gulp and nod my head, walking after Claudia. I see Aiden smile like he's genuinely happy I listened to him like a housewife would to her husband.

Claudia links our arms together. "I need to get you out of here," she says lowly, focusing ahead of us.

I frown and look around frantically, "What's going on? What are you planning?"

She shakes her head, "Never mind that. It's not safe here, it never was. I'm so sorry for bringing you here, I didn't know."

"Claudia..." I say, terrified, "What did you do?"

She walks faster, pulling me with her. She looks at me with guilt and remorse in her eyes.

"I don't know why we even left school but we need to leave before they find us."

"Before who finds us?"

She glances over to where Aiden's standing.

"Aiden's not a good person... he's a criminal. And this party is some sort of auction or something, a ploy," she explains quickly.

I look at Aiden who was busy watching the crowd around him with a small grin on his face. I turn back to Claudia with a questioning look. She pulls my arm and leads us to an exit.

Before she can open the door, I hear screaming.

Then the gunshots came.