20 | Finding Acceptance

"Can I come in?"

I glance at the door from my spot under all the trash surrounding me from binge eating. I turn my focus back on the TV. I don't want to talk to anyone, especially anyone that connects to Aiden Giovanni and Claudia Michaelson.

I hear Lorenzo sigh, "Eleanor, you can't ignore me, can you? I'm the good guy here!"

I almost laugh at the irony. Says the man who held a gun to my head the night we met.

Lorenzo laughs under his breath, "Ironic how I held a gun to you, eh?"

Fucking mind reader.

He walks over until he's sitting on the floor beside me, with my trash all around us. He hugs his legs to his chest and watches the screen with me.

"How do you like the hotel?" he asks after a few moments of silence.

I don't respond.

"Eleanor," he tries again.

I stay still.

I can feel him getting agitated.

Before he can say anything, I ask, "Did your BFF tell you to talk to me and convince me to forgive him like men do?"

Lorenzo's face scrunches up in confusion, "I'm not sure what you mean."

I chuckle at his expression. I guess Italian men don't do it American men style.

"Like a wing man would, you know?"

"I'm not a wing man," he says, offended, "I'm... a friend."

I scoff, "Aiden Giovanni doesn't have friends. Look at Claudia for example."

"That's the opposite gender," he defends.

"Look at Jordan then."

"He was a traitor the entire time. Doesn't count."

I sigh, "Okay, you win. You're Aiden's first and only friend."

"He's more like my boss and I'm the employee," he grins.

I laugh softly, "As close as you can get, I suppose."

It becomes quiet.

Lorenzo sighs, "How is it you're the last person to know your true feelings?"

I bite my lip, "I'm not sure what you mean. Elaborate, please."

"Aiden came to you with bad intentions," he says, scooting closer to me, "And he's treated you quite oddly, but at least he's never hurt you."

Lorenzo's face becomes serious, "He's never hurt you, has he?" his eyes search my features for the truth.

I shake my head no. Lorenzo nods, looking down and back up at me. I'm sure he knows something since Aiden and him have known each other longer.

"It's a possibility Aiden loves you."

I nearly choke on my own spit. I clear my throat and stare at Lorenzo in shock.

I laugh nervously, "A possibility?" I ask incredulously, "Gee, thanks Lorenzo! Just what every girl wants to hear!

Lorenzo narrows his eyes, "Shut up. You know it's true."

I scoff, "No I don't."

"Eleanor," he warns.

"What?" I ask innocently, smirking when I see his jaw ticking.

"I'd rather you stay in your own relationship rather than in mine," I tell him, "Don't treat her the way Jordan did."

He scoffs, "As if I'm anything like that coward. You do realize I went up to Aiden head on instead of him, right?"

I nod, "Oh yeah. You held a gun to my head. How could I ever forget?"

He chuckles, "Get over it already. Jesus, drama queen."

I hug my knees, "I'm scared," I tell him honestly.

"Of what?"

I shrug, tucking my hair behind my ear, "Aiden... he's not boyfriend material, you know?"

Lorenzo nods, urging me to continue.

I focus on the floor, "It's just... he's so dangerous but fun at the same time. There are pros and cons, sort of like he's my dilemma."

I hear the door creak.

I play with my fingers, "I'm scared that I'll be kidnapped or something and held against him. I've had to run a lot since we've met. I don't want to go through that."

Quiet, slow footsteps emerge.

"I've never been in love and I'm scared I'll mess it up or something," I summarize.

I lift my head and turn to see Lorenzo's face but Aiden appears less than two feet away from me where Lorenzo was sitting before.

He smiles softly, "Hey."

I nod, "Hey."

Aiden gulps, "I'm sorry for yelling. My anger got the best of me and I scared you."

I shrug, "I'm over it already."

"Are you?"

"Yes," I respond, standing up and dusting myself off.

Aiden stands up as well, "Princess, is there something you wanted to tell me before you ran off?"

I snort, "I have nothing to say. What did you think I wanted to tell you?"

He tilts his head to the side and raises an eyebrow with a faint smirk. He opens his mouth but I beat him to it.

"Don't," I say quickly, backing away from him, "I don't want you to tease me or anything."

Aiden chuckles and takes small steps towards me, "I'm just assuming."

"Well, don't assume. Just know," I reply.

He finds amusement in my behavior.

"Princess, we're beyond past formalities. I want to hear what you have to say to me."

I turn around and head for the balcony quickly. I hear Aiden follow immediately after and I mentally scream, trying to find a way out of this awkward situation.

I turn on my head to face him, pointing my finger at him, "Listen, mister—"

Aiden cups both sides of my face and brings our lips together. I open my mouth unintentionally giving him access and run my fingers through his hair. His tongue explores my mouth like a map. He gropes my body tightly, groaning when he pulls back.

Our heavy breathing is the only sound.

I grin, "Well, that was something."

He laughs, "Oh, princess, I could give you so much more."

I smile and bring his lips down onto mine again. He doesn't object and kisses me more urgently. I could get used to his lips. They're like a drug.

I smile into the kiss, "You sure are something."

He growls, cupping the back of my neck, "Not as much as you, princess. Never will be enough."

"I don't mind being a diamond," I say, shrugging, "I've always preferred silver over gold though."

"Gold costs more, but if you'd like, Royalty costs more than those two combined," he grins.

Aiden becomes serious, "I really am sorry for hurting you. For causing you so much pain."

I shake my head, pecking his lips, "I'm sorry for blaming it all on you. I should've kicked and screamed. I'm not much of a fighter. Why do you think Claudia wins all our arguments so easily?"

He licks his lips, "I know many other ways to make you scream."

Aiden bends down and throws me over his shoulder. I don't move or scream, knowing it'll be useless. I'm pretty confident he can achieve his goal. I check my watch to see the time and wonder how long we'll be occupied.

I'm sure it'll be a while.