10 | Escaping Danger

10
escaping danger

"Did you know she was pregnant?" I demand, crossing my arms.

Aiden pours himself a drink, walking over to the balcony, "I had my suspicions."

I walk closer to him, "Why didn't you say anything? She's by herself, crying in the other room!"

"She should've been more careful," he replies calmly.

I bark out a laugh, shaking my head, "How could you be like that to her?"

He turns his head to look at me, "We were having a nice morning. She took that away from us. Now that the father of her baby is gone, she'll be in the middle of us, so excuse me if I don't like her right now."

My heart jumps when he says that. He doesn't want Claudia to be the third wheel in our 'relationship' that started like an hour ago.

I bite my cheek to keep from smiling. I refuse to believe his words.

"I didn't know you felt that way," I murmur.

He sips his drink, "Well, now you do."

I shift on my feet, not knowing what else to say.

Silence overtakes the room.

"You should go check on your friend," he says lowly, looking out Italy's view, "She seems to need you."

I didn't expect him to say that. He and Claudia have a strange friendship. Over whatever they are.

"How do you guys know each other?" I ask, "How long?"

He shrugs, "Only a few months, give or take. We met at one of my clubs and she's been stuck with me ever since."

"Funny," I say blankly, "I've known her three years and she never spoke of you."

He looks at me expressionless, "There's not much to say about me, princess. I'm not a topic people want to discuss."

"I know the feeling," I mutter under my breath.

"What was that? I didn't quite hear you."

"Nothing," I say quickly, "See you later... for the 'surprise'."

He nods, watching me leave reluctantly.

"Be careful out there princess. You don't know what goes on in these hallways."

I have a feeling I didn't want to know anyways.

♠♠♠

"You ate enough food for an army," was the first thing I said when I walked in and saw dirty dishes and take out boxes all over Claudia's floor.

"You do realize, Aiden will make you pay the servants for this mess, right?" I add.

Claudia lays on her headboard, eating ice cream like she just got dumped.

"I can always play the pregnancy card. You know, since I'm going to be a single nineteen year old mom."

"You could do it," I say, flopping down beside her.

Claudia snorts, "If you say so."

I take in her awful form. I've only left her alone for a few minutes to talk to Aiden. How can she quickly turn into a monster who just woke up?

"Did Aiden know," she asks bluntly.

I shrug, playing with the duvet, "He said had suspicions."