21 | End

Claudia looks back blankly at us.

"So that's it?" she asks, more like states, "I get a short apology and then you guys telling me you're official and exclusive now?" she looks around the empty room besides the four of us. "Wow, I'm so happy guys!" Her sarcasm hitting me like a train.

I bite my lip, thinking of the night before. Aiden kept to his word and made me scream. Many, many times. The man has stamina.

Aiden's arm slithers its way around my waist. He leans into my ear and whispers, "I don't understand why you're friends with her."

"Love blinds us all," I grumble.

He frowns, "Is that supposed to be a double meaning?"

I shrug, "Pretty much, yeah."

Aiden chuckles, leaning into my ear, "Well then, I love you," he whispers, nibbling on my earlobe.

I laugh and smack his hands away. Claudia coughs in awkwardness and smirks once we're done.

I smile sheepishly, "Sorry."

She nods slowly, backing out the doors, "Well, I'll leave you to it!" she dashes out the door like she's on fire, laughing and I know she's gonna gossip with Lorenzo.

I turn to Aiden and link my fingers behind his neck, nuzzling our noses together. He hums and rubs my back slowly, gazing at me with something I can't decipher. I've never seen him this calm and collected before. It's eerie.

"You're such a tease," he groans, sucking on my neck.

I hide my smile in the crook of his neck and bite my lip, "I like foreplay."

He growls, tightening his hold on my body before reluctantly pulling back, sighing.

"Maybe when we're actually alone, we can finish," he says.

I frown, looking around our hotel room, "But there's no one here," I chuckle.

He tsks, shaking his head and playing with my lips with his thumb, "In my hotel, we're never alone, princess."

"Are we safe now?" I murmur, playing with his jawline.

Aiden hums but I'm not sure what that means. I decide not to push it since he's actually calm for once.

"You're always safe with me," he says suddenly, his deep voice assuring me.

"Is that a promise?" my finger trails down his muscled torso.

His breathing hitches, his body vibrating at the shiver I'm causing him.

"I swear to you, to us, that I won't let anyone harm you," he murmurs.

I want to believe him. I do. But it's just too hard considering what's happened since we've met.

I nod and smile anyway.

Aiden narrows his eyes, obviously knowing I'm lying. He grips my waist and pulls our bodies closer.

"Trust me this once," he whispers., "And if I fail, then you can leave me for good."

I frown, "Let's worry about that when it actually happens."

He kisses me like his life depends on it. Our breathing is heavy and we pull away breathlessly.

"After all... what's a king without his queen?" I add, grinning and finally accepting my status as royalty.

His eyes are dark with desire.

"If you survive through this... I'll follow you to the depths of hell, princess."