Chapter 35.

Noor was watching TV when someone knocked the door. She switched off the TV and went out to open the door.

"Salam Bhabhijaan!" Noor exclaimed smiling.

"Walekum assalam." Kehara said.

"No smile? What's wrong?"

"Where is Ammi?"

"In her room."

"Ok." Kehara said before she started walking toward Mrs.Khan's room.

Noor closed the door and followed her.On her way Kehara removed her hijab. Soon they were standing outside Mrs. Khan's room. Kehara knocked the door and Mrs. Khan said,

"Come."

Kehara opened the door slowly and saw Mrs.Khan sitting on the bed reading a book.

"Noor since when did you start knocking the door?"Mrs.Khan asked turning the page of her book.

"Ammi." Kehara said.

Mrs.Khan looked up and frowned. "Kehara.What happened?"

Kehara walked towards the bed and sat next to her mother in law. Then she kept her head on her laps like a small baby. Noor sat on the bed and looked at her mother ,who was looking at kehara.

"Kehara what happened?" Mrs. Khan asked again.

"Can we please talk after some time."

"Ok."

For next ten minutes Kehara's eyes were closed and Mrs.Khan was massaging her head. Noor just sat there wondering why Kehara is sad. Kehara was still not sure if she wants to share her problem with her mother in law or not, but she needs her Ammi now. She knows even though she is now her mother in law but she loves her like her own daughter. After gathering enough courage Kehara Finally said.

"Ammi I had some hormonal problem when I was sixteen. That time doctor told me that I should conceive before I turn thirty or at least I should have one baby before that. Because after thirty I will have problem in conceiving."

"But you are just twenty three."Noor said.

"Yeah,We still have seven years."Mrs. Khan said

"I know. But it's more than a year now and I'm still not pregnant. I'm scared that maybe" Kehara did not complete her sentence and just closed her eyes.

"Kehara! You are over thinking." Noor said.

"Yes, she is right.It has only been one year love. InshaAlalh you will conceive soon." Mrs.Khan said.

"But I'm really scared now. Yesterday I was in the office when I realised this and since then I'm restless."

"Oh Kehara."Mrs.Khan said,"trust Allah love."

"I trust him. It's not like I'm dying to become a mother but yes I want my own baby."

"And InshaAllah soon you will have a baby in your hand." Noor said.

"But what if I'm unable to conceive?"

"Then we will go to the doctor. There are many new treatments which will help you." Mrs.khan said.

"Yes Kehara. Don't worry."Noor said.

Kehara looked up at her mother in law before asking,"If am never blessed with a child?"

"Then we will kidnap Noor's daughter." Mrs.Khan said smiling.

"Hey!" Noor said instantly making them laugh."Ok if you are going to keep smiling like this then I will give you my son as well." Noor said.