Chapter 43.

"I want to ask Zyva's hand in marriage for my son Sufyaan.So let's decide the date today."

Zyva frowned deeply in order to stop her tears from flowing. She knew one day she will have to face this but she was not ready for it today. She don't know what to say or do. She knows her aunt rules the house but she also knows that her father loves her a lot. But what she don't know was, who was more powerful, stubbornness or love.

Zynah kept her hands on Zyva's shoulders. Luckily Zyva and Zynah were standing behind the couch where their Aunt was sitting so she was unable to see their expressions. Zyva could not take it anymore and tears started flowing. She looked at her mother for help. Gulfisha had tears in her eyes after she saw her daughter. Abbas and Rahemat also saw Zyva crying which broke their hearts.

Rahemat was the first one to recover from the shock. He cleared his throat before saying,"Baji don't you think this is not a good time to talk about this."

"What's wrong in talking now? I think it's perfect time. Zyva completed her studies and now she is anyways not going to work so it's better to marry her off."

"I think Zyva should decide that."

"Rahemat what's wrong with you? This is how we do in our family. Did you forget?"

"Yeah, this is how we ruin lives!" Rahemat excalimed angrily.

"Rahemat Bhaijaan." Gulfisha said to stop him from frighting.

"No, Bhabhijaan. I think we have been quiet for a really long time. It's high time we speak up. No one here will understand us if we do not fight."

"Rahemat enough." Abbas said. "And Baji we need time."

"What do you mean?" Phupujaan asked frowning deeply.

"I mean we need time to think. Zyva have received few more proposals ,so we will think and discuss and then take a decision."

"Abbas! You are going to think about my son? I'm her phuphu. If I ask you cannot refuse."

"Baji it's an old tradition. It use to work in our time but now it is not going to work. We need to think about our children."

"Rahemat this is your work, right? What do you want?"

"I just want them to be happy." Rahemat said.

"They will be happy together."

"How can you be so sure?" Rahemat asked.

Phupujaan stood up before saying,"I don't believe this."

She started walking towards the door and Gulfisha stood up before saying,"Baji listen to what they are saying."

"Bhabhijaan let her go. She is not going to stop now." Rahemat said.

"Rahemat there is a way of talking. She is your elder sister. Today she was sad and hurt when she left your house. Was it right?"

"Bhabhijaan that was her choice."

"Rahemat enough now." Abbas said softly.

Abbas looked at Zyva and found her already looking at him. She started walking towards him and upon reaching, she gave him a hug. She knows Abbas had always fought for her with his family. Today Abbas did something which is going to create a very big problem for him but he still did that for her.

Rahemat rubbed his eyes before saying,

"Get ready everyone, Qayamat is coming."

***

Zynah wrote a whole essay on what happened and sent it in the group as soon as she returns to her room. They all were surprised and happy. They were talking about how things are falling into places and were teasing Sufyaan when Qailah added Valiqa in the group.