Chapter 3

BELLE'S POV

I winced as I walked down the empty sidewalk. I still couldn't believe the bastard would hit me.

After I said those words to him, he just flipped out. He flipped over the desk that was next to mine and actually punched me. Punch me!

The teacher then had the nerve to use us as an example. I just picked my bag up and left. Well the good thing about the whole situation was that I got to leave early.

I finally reached my house and I unlocked the door. Once again my mom wasn't here to question me of why I was home early. Hopefully the school won't call her to inform her of my early dismissal. There was some food on the stove that was still warm and the house seemed clean. Guess she cleaned before going to work.

I walked up to my room and threw my bag on the side as always. I carefully took off my shirt so that I wouldn't harm my aching arm. I took off the rest of my clothes and walked into my bathroom so that I could take a shower.

After my shower, I got dressed in some navy blue boxers, white tank top, and of course some ankle socks. That's practically my uniform for when I'm home. My bra strap hung loose on my shoulder and I didn't bother fixing it as I walked down to the kitchen to eat.

I served myself a plate of food and sat at the counter with some ice tea. While I was eating the house phone rang and I went to pick it up.

"Hello." I said once I picked up the phone. To think of it, where is my phone?

"Hello, Ms. Smith?" The person on the other line asked,

I thought for a moment of who it might be and say yes. Most people confuse me for my mom on the phone because I sound like her on the phone which comes in hand at times and it's also fun pranking people when they call for my mom.

"Yes, that's me." I said finally deciding to say yes.

"I'm calling from your daughter's school, Belle. Well she got into a fight with a young man in anger management class today and decided to leave." The person said,

So much for them not calling.

"Oh really. Will she be punished at school for this behavior?" I asked in the most professional and mature voice I could muster.

"I'm afraid yes. You will have to come in for a conference with the councilor. The young man's parents will also be there so that they could work their problem so that it wouldn't be a problem in the future." The woman said on the other line.

Crap that means Imma have to tell mom about this. Maybe I could swing it and say that I'm innocent and say that he started it. He did physically touched me after all. All I did was get sassy with him.

"Ok, when is the meeting?" I asked,

"Tomorrow afterschool." The woman said,

"Ok, thank you." I said,

The woman said goodbye and I hung up.

Great now I have to call mom and tell her that she has take tomorrow off in order to go to school for my behavior. That's going to be fun. Note the sarcasm.

I take my time dialing her number and it rings five times before she picks up.

"Hello?" I say to make sure someone is on the other line.

"Belle? You're home early." My mom says,

"Umm, yeah an accident happened in school and I was able to leave early." I said,

"What happened?" She asked and I heard the worry in her tone.

"Well, I was in anger management class and apparently I was in someone else's seat and long story short, the person punched me in the arm." I said,