Chapter 18

BELLE'S POV

Lucas was something else.

Instead of doing some crap with Lola and Blaze, I ditched them and hung out with Lucas instead.

We stepped out of the school and walked over to the parking lot.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously,

"Well, I have a car so that's good news for us." Lucas said, squeezing my hand which he grabbed.

I rolled my eyes at him and we walked over to a black car.

"Not bad." I commented and Lucas  snorted and ran his hand over it.

"This is my baby. Pride and joy." Lucas said,

He opened the door for me and I thanked him as I got in.

He closed the door, but didn't move right away. I tried to see what he was up to, but his body blocked the view.

Finally he moved out the way, but nothing was out of the ordinary in the area.

I didn't question him though as he entered the car and turned it on.

"So, where are we going?" I questioned as we pulled off.

"Well, I thought we could go for some ice cream. I'm in the mood for something cold." He said and I agreed.

We pulled out of the school and without expecting it, he zoomed past other cars.

"Fuck, do you want to kill us or something?" I exclaimed, gripping the seatbelt.

He rolled his eyes at me, but replied.

"Oh calm down, Belle. We're barely going over 60miles." He said as if it was nothing.

Nearly fainting at that, I shook my head and tightly held on.

"Crazy son of a bitch." I cursed when he took a sharp turn.

We turned onto a road that didn't have much cars which put me slightly at ease.

"Are we running from the freaking cops or something?" I questioned, sitting up.

"No, but you never know when someone could be following us." He said, smirking to himself.

Crossing my arms, I sat back and watched scenarios change.

Finally pulling up to the ice cream shop, we got out and my legs were slightly wobbly.

"Need help?" Lucas asked, but I shook my head.

"This is your doing after all." I muttered and walked over.

There weren't many people around and we stood in a short line, wanting to order.

A short girl with pigtails was behind the counter and asked for our orders.

"Can I get a vanilla ice cream with sprinkles, please." I ordered,

"I'll have a chocolate ice cream." Lucas said,

The girl nodded her head and got to doing them.

After bantering in who was going to pay, Lucas slammed $10 onto the counter and that pretty finalized it all.

"Thanks." I said, taking the ice cream.

Lucas took his and we walked over to a booth.

Sitting in front of each other, I started licking the sprinkles off the ice cream.

"This taste yummy." I said, nodding my head in approval.

Lucas agreed and laughed saying my mouth was dirty.