Chapter 13

BELLE'S POV

Dinner was silent except for the clatter of our forks hitting the plates and our light breathing .

I refused to look at my mother for multiple reasons.

Anger, embarrassment, hurt, and anxiety.

After crying on Blaze like a baby, I put the papers back and the box away. Blaze didn't say anything to me and I was relieved because my mind was blank and filled all at the same time.

He had softly kissed my forehead before leaving.

Two hours later, mom reached home saying that the hospital let her out early. She seemed to be in a good mood because she cooked one of my favorite meals.

I sat here in my seat pushing a meatball around the pile of spaghetti.

"What's wrong honey? You're not eating much." She said concerned,

I shrugged, not saying a word. Tears burned my eyes and I swallowed the lump in my throat as I took a small tentive bite.

"I'm fine, mom. I'm just still upset that I have to attend that stupid anger management class." I answered my voice coming out calm unlike how I was truly feeling.

"Its for the best, honey. The class will do you good... and to Blaze for that matter." She went talking of how it make us better, nontempered people.

My hands shook lightly as she continued to speak.

First, she puts a brother I never knew I had in an Institute for trouble people with my abusive father, and now she's talking as if I have some mental issue who could be fixed.

This was clearly not my mother. This was a stranger who didn't love and care for her kids. My mother would never aloof this to happen.

She went on talking oblivious to the dark cloud of emotions surrounding me.

It was too much for me to bare.

"Shut up!" I burst out, standing up.

The chair fell back onto the floor and she jumped in surprise.

"B-Belle?" I shook my head as she reached for me.

I ran out the kitchen and quickly grabbed my shoes before running out the house.

At the corner of my eye, I saw my old bike that I never used, except for now.

I was a but rusty in riding it, but it'll have to do.

I struggled at first, but as I pedaled away.

She screamed my name, but I gored her as I rode farther away from the house and into the darkness.

8:55 p.m.

I sighed as I put my phone away. I was at a bus stop, taking a break.

I had nowhere to to and I was frightened of being out in the street on my own so late.

The bike ride thankfully brought some life into me and cleared my mind.

I paced the bus stop, thinking of the situation and the best way to handle this.

I could always go back home and confront my mom or move to Panama where I live the rest of my days as a bartender.

Not enough money for Panama.

I groaned in frustration and sat down.

My thoughts soon traveled to something unexpected and annoying.

Blaze.

My emotions involving him were confusing at the moment. I was annoyed at how he always broke into my house without asking me or without a care in the world.

Maybe I should break into his house and shoe him that it's not as fun when it happens to him.

Nodding my head, I pulled my phone out and went to maps.

I typed in his address which I got from our meeting in the office.

Once I found the street, I got on my bike and rode off in the dark.

~~~~

It took a while and a lot of pedaling, but I finally reached his house.

It was a two story house and I couldn't see much because the lights were all off except the for in front of the house.

I set my bike behind a bush and slowly walked forward.

Before deciding to go all ninja on the place, I decided to do something the people in the movies probably never thought of.

I checked if the door... locked.

Ok, NOW I can go all ninja.

I checked for open windows as I walked around the house. I was scared that he might have any vicious pet dogs or snakes around the place, but so far no life was shown except for the neighboring house that had loud yells coming from their room. Erotic yells.

Maybe Blaze was fucking the old neighbor. Or maybe the neighbor was actually hot and young.

I frowned and shook the thoughts away as I found myself at the back of the house.

I sighed and stood up straight from my crutch in stance.

Walking up to the back door, I checked the door. Open!

I silently squealed in excitement as I entered the house.

Breaking an entry. Poissible one of the weirdest things I've done.

It was dark and it would be pretty damn stupid of me to just flip the lights on as if this was my house so I pulled my phone out.

The dim light shined low, but I at least could make sure not to bump into things.

I walked forward slowly and exited the kitchen and into the short hallway.

My thoughts were filled with scenarios that would happen if I got caight.

Blaze or whoever lived with him calling cops on me, Blaze ends up being a serial killer and kills me, Blaze think it's and robber and accidentally shoots me, Blaze being home alone and fucks me.

... the last one was uncalled for.

I reached the bottom of the stairs and I looked around before taking a breath and slowly walked up.

They barely creaked and I tried really hard not to trip over my feet. This wasn't just some ordinary day where I would trip on stairs.

I sighed in relief when I reached the top, but found myself looking at four doors.

I didn't even know which lead to his room so I'm pretty sure the guessing game is as good as ever.

I walked over to the first door and opened it. Closet.

Pretty sure Blaze's room isn't a closet unless he's Harry Potter.

Second door. Bathroom.

Third door. Bedroom.

Even though it was dark, I could still make out clothes and books littered on the floor, the dark wallpaper, and posters on the bed.

Hopefully Blaze didn't have some sister I didn't know about or his mother enjoyed having posters of cars.

Before I could even step into the room, something among the clothes moved and lowly growled.

Oh shit!