Chapter 6

BELLE'S POV

I woke up the next morning laying in my bed.

The clock on the table read 4:59 a.m. and I felt warm and safe.

I smiled and cuddled more into the sheets that were securely wrapped around me.

Few Hours Later.

Hours later, the alarm went off. I crawled out of bed and headed to the bathroom to get ready.

Nothing even began to cover the way I felt about last night. The embarrassment was beyond anything and I just couldn't think of what Blaze will do or say today.

Once I was dressed and my hair was fixed, I walked out my room.

Mom was already in the kitchen drinking coffee when I entered.

"Morning, Ma." I said, taking a seat.

"Morning." She replied and brought a plate full of food for me.

I thanked her and dug in.

"So, care to explain why I came home last night to find one of my plates shattered on the floor?" She asked, taking a seat in front of me.

I was confused as to what she was talking about, but then it clicked.

That most of have been the crash I heard last night.

"I'm sorry. It slipped from me during the night. Since it was dark, I decided to leave it for today." I lied,

Mom nodded her head, believing my lie and I relaxed.

"So how did it go yesterday?" Mom asked,

"It was alright. Lola is really cool and funny." I said,

"That's good." Mom said,

I nodded my head and finished eating. Once I was done, I washed my plate and left.

The walk to school was dreadful and slow.

I couldn't stop thinking about what happened last night and I just wanted to smack myself.

By the time I reached school, the bell already rang and I was ten minutes late.

When I entered the class, I noticed Lola and Blaze sitting in a corner.

My frown deepened and I sucked in a breath before making my towards them.

"Hey." I said, taking a seat.

"Hi, you're late today." Lola stated,

"Sorry, I um- woke up late today." I lied and looked forward.

I saw her nod her head and we silently listened to the lesson.

Blaze was silent and I thank Lola for sitting in the middle of us.

My belly was doing knots at the possible things Blaze is planning to do.

What if he's planning to tell the entire school or what if he's planning to use my fear against me?!

The lesson ended and we all packed our bags and walked to our next one.

"So, this afternoon, I think it'd be a good idea if the both of you did an activity together." Lola said as we walked.

"Ok, what kind of activity?" I asked,

"Volunteering at a daycare this afternoon with me." Lola said,

"Absolutely not. It's bad enough I'm either the both of you." Blaze snapped and walked off angrily.

Lola shook her head at him and looked at me.