Chapter 20

BELLE'S POV

Going back to school was the last thing on my mind the next day.

After meeting up with Jared, we went straight home and I spent the rest of the day locked in my room just staring at the ceiling and reeling over everything.

I barely ate anything and despite the need the to go to sleep, I spent most of the night awake with red eyes.

"Fucking hell." I cursed, rolling out of bed the next morning.

It close to six and yet I was up and getting ready.

After finishing in the bathroom and getting dressed, I walked downstairs to find my mom drinking coffee while on the phone.

She was giggling and talking softly, but immediately hung up when I walked in.

"Really mom?" I quirked, pouring myself a cup of coffee.

She rolled her eyes at me and made a remark before going up to get dressed.

So far, the day looked like it would a nice calm day and I held onto that thought.

~~~~

School was as dull as ever and since I wasn't in the mood for any crap, I avoided everyone.

Many times I nearly ran into Lola and Blaze, but I quickly made a beeline to another direction.

I didn't see Lucas at all which I was glad because I certainly didn't want to explain Blaze's behavior the other day.

Thankfully I made through lunch which made me feel like a total ninja for avoiding people I knew.

But then again I got into situations which made me think that the world had some beef with me and wanted me to suffer greatly.

"Belle." A deep voice which I knew all too well called out from behind me.

The halls were deserted so I couldn't just pass it off as someone else.

I slowly turned on my heels to see Blaze at the end with a heated glare for me.

Letting out a short squeak, I turned and ran as fast as I could.

Heavy footsteps followed me and pushed myself harder, trying to get away. Why? I don't know.

Turning the corner, I quickly ran into a nearby bathroom which thankfully was the girls.

If he knew I was in here than he wouldn't come in.

Yep, he totally wouldn't come in.

Smirking in victory, I turned and was going to pull out my phone to play a game when the bathroom door slammed forcefully against the wall.

Maybe I should've locked it.

When I turned around, Blaze had a scowl on his face and unlike me, he hadn't broken into a sweating heap.

"What the hell. You can't be in here." I stated, glaring at him.

He let the door close and without looking away he locked it.

Fuck!

"Why are you avoiding me?" He questioned, stepping forward.

"I-I'm not avoiding you." I answered, trying to sound believable.

He clearly didn't believe me and continued to walk towards me.

"Lair. Why weren't you here yesterday? Is it because of what happened before?" He continued to question and walk to me until I was pressed against the wall and he was hovering a breath away from me.