O N E

Kassi

I gaped at my mother as she finished making grilled cheese sandwiches for my brother

"What do you mean we're leaving?" I continued my persistent questioning

She sighed before brushing away the wisps of blonde hair away from her face "Kassi, the move is only temporary. Besides you get to spend it with your grandfather"

I stared at her like she was crazy "Mom, Pappous died when I was 3"

She avoided my eyes and started washing the dishes "Not you're father's father Kassi, my father"

My eyes widened "Your father's still alive? We have another grandfather? Why didn't I know this?"

She continued to avoid my eyes "It's complicated Kass"

"But..." I protested

"Enough Kassiopeia Dimitriou" she gave me a look and I shut my mouth "I am very sorry that I never told you before about your grandfather but it was decision your father and I made before you were born. I think this will be a great opportunity to learn about my heritage, not just your father's heritage"

"Ares!" She yelled "Lunch is ready"

My 9 year old brother ran down the stairs in excitement.

I smiled because he looked just like my father at the moment. It was funny to me how much we took after each parent. My brother is the exact replica of my father, right down to his dimples. The only thing that he doesn't share with my father is his eyes.

He has moms brown eyes.

I, on the other hand, was told I look just like my mother except when it comes to my hair and eye color. When I was still developing my genes never picked a color, therefore leaving me with reverse ombré hair color, blonde from my mother and brown from my father.

On top on having weird hair, I also inherited weird midnight blue eyes from my father. Now normally a girl would be ecstatic when they had colored eyes but my eyes are a pain. Every emotion I experience results in my eyes changing from blue to violet.

I am constantly annoyed when people ask which brand of contacts I use or where I get my hair done.

"Start packing" Mom said, bringing me out of my thoughts "We're leaving tomorrow"

--------------

HELLO EVERYONE,

I am sorry for the long wait!!

Update coming soon!!!

The next chapter is even better than the first

Comment: What you think will happen in the future with this story!!

Keep in mind: Kassi and her brothers name are very important.

Pappous:Means Grandfather in Greek

I am sorry if I butchered the Greek language!!! That was not my intention!!! Please correct me whenever I write something wrong in Greek