S I X T Y

Kassi

"How's she doing?" A quiet voice asked softly from behind me.

I turned and found Beckett watching Taylor, like me, through the morgues observation room window. 

She was sitting on the morgues floor, next to the cabinet that held Ethan's body, clutching her head.

After we managed to find the rest of Rhy's unharmed Pack members, we sent a crew out to collect the remaining bodies of the pack members that fell during the Wolf Moon.

The Pack house's onsite morgue was already filled to its capacity by the time the first team came in, so Rhys father had to step in and take over the situation. He managed to get the County's corner, a fellow pack member, to lend us his open morgue space until families had a chance to bury their loved ones.

"She's handling it the best way she can" I spoke softly as Taylor's shoulder began to shake as she sobbed again "Considering the fact that her twin was murdered in front of her eyes"

"They were twins?"

I nodded

Beckett was silent for a few seconds

"What..." he cleared his throat "What was he like?"

"They complimented each other" I said solemnly, nodding towards Taylor "She was always the  serious and reserve one, whereas he was always the loud and crazy one who cursed like a sailor"

Beckett smiled

"Ethan was the class clown" I smiled, reminiscing our past "He could make you laugh even during the toughest of times"

I sniffled, tears forming in my eyes as I remembered my final encounter with him

"Even when you felt like never laughing or smiling again"

I took a couple seconds to compose myself before I continued

"But underneath all those jokes and smartass comments was a guy who loved like no other" I said, my voice cracking "He was big softy that would do anything for the ones he loved, including dying for them"

Beckett was silent, no doubt taking in and absorbing all my words

"Do you think she'll ever recovery?" He asked, standing next to me "Will she...will she ever open up her heart again?"

I glanced at him and noticed he was wearing a look of both determination and longing.

"She'll never be the person she once was" I said, meeting his gaze "But, maybe that's a good thing. Maybe she needed to see for herself that tomorrow's never promised"

"She needs to live each day to the fullest and in order to do that, she needs to learn how to go for what she wants" I patted his shoulder "Just like Ethan"

I turned away from him after that, walking towards the exit

"And as far as opening her heart again" I looked back slightly and found him staring at me "You might just be the right person to do it"

"How?"

"Just be there for her" I said softly "Care for her like your life depends on it...Love her with all your heart, and never ever give up on her. She's stubborn like hell but trust me, she's worth it"