T W E N T Y - S E V E N

Rhys 

Kaden said his goodbyes to Kassi and Ares and soon, we were walking out of the hospital and towards my car.

I noticed that the whole way, Kaden had an amused smirk on his face.

"Don't start" I grunted before opening my door

"What?" he grinned "We accomplished what we came here to accomplish regardless of your epic fail"

"I didn't fail that bad" I grumbled

"Oh no?" he raised an eyebrow before clearing his throat "Oh Kassi, please come home with me. I'll do anything if you come home with me. Please, oh Please, come home with me so we can spend the night cuddling and going through my Yu-Gi-Oh collection together" he mimicked

I glared "What's Yu-Gi-Oh?"

"Kids these days" he muttered

"Anyways, You might as well asked her to jump into bed with you" he snickered

I blushed and looked away "Shut up"

"Still, I can't believe she's a Wolf. Let alone the Princess of Wolves"

"So you didn't notice anything either" I asked "How is it possible that you didn't notice anything when she was younger too?"

"I don't know" he answered honestly "I mean, yeah she was always around and we did hang out but back then she smelled completely like a human. It could be because I was young and really didn't notice the difference but somehow, my gut is telling me that that's not the case here"

"I was afraid of that" I answered grimly

The car was silent until Kaden's phone beeped with a incoming text.

"Who is it?"

"My sister" he answered before texting something back "They're here"

"Already?" I asked in surprise "Shouldn't they be resting?"

I mean, they were out a week longer than my friends and even if it's been a couple of days, my friends are still walking around like zombies.

"Yeah, they should" he answered "But they're stubborn and must have ignored me when I said to rest first before they flew out here"

He looked at me "You mind if we pick them up?"

I shook my head "No, which Airport at they at?"

"The one where you picked me up at"

I nodded and made my way to the airport.

"So...what are your siblings like?"

"Two pains in my butt if you ask me" Kaden shrugged "But other than the fact that they're Wolves, I guess they're like every other teenager"

"Do they have Mates too?"

"No" he hesitated

"What?" I asked after his brief moment of hesitation

"Okay, I wasn't going to say anything but if I don't, I know there will be disaster somewhere down the road" he exhaled "Don't get mad"

"Why would I get mad?" I looked at him in confusion "What can you possibly say that will get me mad?"