F O R T Y - O N E

Kassi

I turned towards the married couple "Can you guys find out everything you can about Selene and Endymion. I think that's a key piece in figuring this out"

They nodded and went to the computers hidden away in the corner of the library

I turned toward Matt, Mia, and the Twins

"Matt, Mia, can you tell me about the Wolf Moon?"

"We would like to" Mia said "But we don't really know anything about it. We didn't hear the voice like Ever and Shawn did"

I turned toward Matt "Can you get them for me?"

He nodded and left the room

I then turned toward Mia "Can you start researching about the Wolf Moon? I know it's a long shot but maybe something will turn up"

"Sure"

I then turned toward the turns, whose jaws were set and had their arms crossed stubbornly

"You two will tell me about this Wolf Moon"

"No we won't" they replied

"Yes, you will" I replied "Because if you love me and want to save me from death's door then you will tell me what I need to know"

"Dammit" Taylor cursed, unfolding her arms

"She didn't even have to use her Jedi mind powers" Ethan muttered

I grinned "When the other two get here, we're going to compare notes"

I then turned to my brother, who was awkwardly standing in the corner

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked gently, quietly

He nodded

"Can you go through Mom's journal?"

He looked surprised "Me?"

I nodded

"I'm pretty sure you already know what I suspect of our mother" I said "Plus, it will give you a chance to see a fraction of what she's like"

I handed him the journal and he took it from me gently, stroking the worn leather softly.

When I looked at his face, I saw a vulnerable look in his eyes, a look that was often reflected in my eyes whenever I let my walls down and looked in the mirror.

He hadn't told me his story yet but I knew deep down that he longed for the chance to meet our parents.

A chance that was stolen from him the moment he was born

"Take good care of it" I smiled "And just know that the journal doesn't do her justice. She's so much more"

He smiled back and went to a different corner in the library, a more quieter and peaceful corner.

"You rang?" Everly said as soon as she entered the library

Shawn followed closely behind her

"Can you two tell me about the Wolf Moon?"

They stiffened

"I don't think the Alpha would..." Shawn started