T H I R T Y - O N E

Rhys

I looked at my Mate with wide eyes once she finished telling me her story

To think, the Most Powerful Alpha in the World told his 9 year old daughter the exact Shifting process of their Pack before he even told her what she was or what her destiny was going to be.

"So...What are you trying to tell me?" I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at Kassi.

She mimicked my stance "I'm telling you that this is the way we're going to help Ares"

"I get that" I replied "But if you haven't exactly noticed, Goddess don't roam the earth anymore"

"No kidding?" She rolled her eyes "Besides, that's why I'm here"

I sat straighter "What do you mean? What are you planning on doing?"

"Well I'm just speculating here but..." she drawled out "Since I don't really know about any of this Werewolf thing I'm going to take a guess that I play a certain role in this whole shifting process"

"Okay..." I said, unsure at where she was getting at "Why do you think that?"

"Because my eyes are more freakish than normal" she pointed to her still glowing eyes "And because I'm a woman. Like Selene was. I have a feeling that I'm supposed to be a representation of Selene when Ares and his Wolf bind together"

I gulped "Really?"

She nodded "I was wondering if you had any information on my Pack?" she said the word like it was foreign.

"I do," I said slowly "But I want you to know that you can't be involved with Ares' shifting process"

"Why not?" she sat straighter and became defensive "Did you not hear what I just told you? I need to be apart of this process whether you like it or not"

"I understand that but you're human. Your brother's a Wolf. A newly turned uncontrollable Wolf. If you haven't noticed, those two things don't really mix well" 

"But..." she started

"I won't change my mind Kassi" I said firmly "You are not to participate in this Process. We will find a substitute"

She glared at me before slamming her hands down on my desk.

We were eye to eye when she began speaking "Rhys, I may not know a lot about Mates but I'm damn sure that this tough guy act isn't making me weak in the knees, ready to fall head over heels in love with you. In fact, it's pushing me away and making me want to throat chop you"

With that, she turned on her heels and left my office, but not before slamming my door loudly.

I slumped back in my chair, knowing that she was right.

  ~~~~~~~~~~

Kassi's POV

I swished my feet back and forth in the cool swimming pool water as I looked at the Moon and the Stars.

I sighed for the hundredth time, trying to process everything that happened in the last couple of days.

"Mind if I join you?" a familiar voice said from above me

I sighed again "You're going to whether I like it or not"

Ethan chuckled "True, but I thought I would give you the courtesy of asking"