Chapter 44

The first time she woke the next morning, Maddie's eyes fluttered open to see that it was barely morning; the sun only beginning to peek out over the horizon. Harry, spooned up behind her, his arm loose around her waist, was breathing the deep, steady breath of slumber into her ear. It was as if their bodies knew, after the strain of the day before, that they needed this closeness; this contact—even in sleep. She wasn't ready to wake yet, she wanted more of this before the day and all of its realities returned. Reveling in the warmth he provided, she sighed and willed herself back to sleep. Just as her eyes grew heavy and began to close, she felt him stir. His arm tightened around her waist, pulling her closer.

"You awake?" He muttered sleepily in her ear; his breath tickling her neck.

"Mmmm..." She nodded slightly and then took a breath as he moved, only slightly, to press a warm kiss into the hollow of her neck. "Oh..."

"Good morning," his voice was rough as his hand let go of hers and moved achingly slow up her side; pushing under the t-shirt he had leant her for the improv sleep over. Something about the way they had moved through the stress of the day before, something about how they had made it to the morning still entangled in each other drew out an overwhelming want for her.

"I could get used to waking up like this," her laughter was low and ceased when his hands reached her breasts, moving over them with a teasing warmth that instantly aroused her attention.

"Good to know..." He licked up the side of her neck, nipped at her earlobe. Tightening his hold on her, he pulled her so that her body was flush with his and she felt him. Hard. Warm. Ready.

His mouth remained close to her head; sucking at her shoulder, her neck. His hand ran over the length of her body, lightly over the mole that he had committed to his memory, and pushed into the small speck of fabric that was her panties, her body arched towards his fingers; aching at his touch.

"Harry..." She breathed heavily. She was barely awake, barely able to think a coherent thought, but at the same time she was completely in tune with him with this moment. The night before had been full of negative feelings and exhaustion but after getting away, getting much needed sleep, she couldn't help but respond to him.

His right arm went underneath her head, moving around her in a warm, strong hold. His left gently drew her top leg up, resting it on his; giving him greater access to where his hand truly longed to be. He moved his hand back to her center, stroking with firm, steady fingers. There were no words, only shallow breaths and soft moans as Harry slowly and steadily roused her body awake.

Maddie took a deep breath, her hands clutching at the arm wrapped around her; her hips pushing against the hand that teased her. He pressed his body closer to hers. He was mind-numbingly hard; aching to be inside of her—needing to make love to her. Turning only her head, Maddie's lips sought his—her hand pulled his face towards hers and their mouths met in a long, slow, deep kiss. Maddie felt her breath suck right out of her and pour into him.

When he pulled his lips away from hers, she missed them instantly. And when they began to kiss down her neck again, she wanted to be closer; always closer. With hooded eyes and a sultry voice, Maddie pleaded. "Harry..." And he knew what she wanted. Moving only to rid them both of their underwear and find protection, Harry settled back against her and drew her to him; his hands returning appreciatively to her body.

Harry lowered his head to suck at her shoulder and then, with a strangled groan, he clutched at her thigh and slipped into her from behind. Maddie moaned and gasped at the sensation she felt when he plunged into her. With one hand planted on her hip to hold her in place, he began moving within her. Maddie's hand reached back, tangling in his hair and holding his lips in her neck; aching for more. He was holding her so close, she felt like she could melt into him.