Chapter 156

Maddie woke that morning with sleep still settled in her mind. They were back in London and gearing up for a busy week. She was still tired, still wanted to be curled up next to her warm husband with her eyes pressed closed and her body hanging onto those last few minutes of rest. But her body wouldn't have it. She knew it was too early along to blame the baby for her sudden rise to wakefulness. It wasn't big enough to be pressing against her bladder, wasn't close enough to be causing these 'must get out of bed' moments. But still, she was drinking more water than she ever really had.

So she blamed the baby anyway.

Tossing back her blankets and tossing a humored glare in the direction of her still sleeping husband, she made her way to the bathroom; one eye half open, the other mercifully shut. As though she could somehow hang on to her sleep if she didn't fully wake.

She didn't bother to turn on the light; she moved in the dark, taking care of business and moving to the sink to wash her hands. It was when she reached for the hand towel that she first noticed. The stretching was different, the distance between her body and the counter was different.

She was different.

With a small breath of protest, she pulled open both of her eyes and reached for the light switch and she looked down.

As her breath rushed in, her eyes teared up and her hands smoothed over her stomach. She was different.

"Harry..." It was a whisper; a crack of a breath.

Deeply rooted in a restful sleep, the kind that could have kept him settled in his bed well into the afternoon, he didn't move as she called out again. Though the sun shone in, heating the places on the bed where it hit, though they had a full day ahead of them, beginning with an event that afternoon, he could have very easily stayed in his slumber for at least a few more hours.

But the world had other plans for him; his life had other plans for him. And when Maddie found her voice, when it echoed out of the bathroom and into their room, for every bit of asleep he had been, he was now awake.

"Harry!" She called out, forcing his eyelids to snap open. "Harry! I need you to get in here!"

Before he had really even registered that he was awake, he was out of bed and moving to the bathroom with a clip he hadn't realized he had at that particular hour. He stepped into the bathroom and her back was to him. "What? What is it? You okay?" He hurried over to her. "Maddie?"

"Harry..." She turned away from the mirror to look at him. Her eyes were wide and wet as she met his. "Look..." She smoothed her hands down over her stomach, pressing the light material of the t-shirt of his she slept in over her bump. "There's a bump."

And she watched as her husband; her tall, strong, cheeky husband, reduced to giddy and precious. "Oh my God," his smile was wide and lazy and warm as his eyes mooned over. "Did that just happen? Overnight?"

"Yes!" Maddie laughed through the tears in her eyes, her fingers running over it, making sure it was real. "My God...Harry..." She met his gaze in the mirror and they both softened even further.

"Oh baby..." Unable to help himself, he moved in, his knees bending just enough so he could run his hands over her belly, his focus solely on her. "There's a baby in there." He couldn't get over it; couldn't get enough.

"I know!" Maddie laughed again, her hands moving into his red hair, stroking his head as he stroked her belly. This was an amazing moment; these quiet few minutes in their bathroom where they both marveled over this most natural of miracles. "Captain...I hate to tell you this but...I don't think we're going to be able to keep it a secret anymore."

He lifted his eyebrows as he looked up at her; a mix of surrender and hopeful tracing across his brow. "No?"

"No," she shook her head softly, her fingers running up over his forehead. "Harry..." She sighed sweetly, her hand cupping his cheek. "There's a baby in there and...everyone's going to know when they see me."

"I know," he sighed, leaning to kiss her stomach before standing up to kiss her. "I know." His heart was torn. On one hand he was deliriously happy to see this outward evidence of what was happening in her body—their baby was growing. And on the other hand, he was faced with this new vulnerability; this forced their hand. The world was about to know.

"Hey..." Maddie was soft with him, knowing for certain the fears that were crossing his mind. "You okay?"

"Beyond that," he smiled softly, his lips leaning into hers again. "I'm beyond that." His hand spread out over her stomach, his smile tipping high. "Okay...okay. We'll tell them."

"Yeah?" Maddie's arms moved around his waist, hugging him to her as her eyes peered happily up at him.

"We can't very well keep it a secret forever," he chuckled into a sigh.

"No," she smiled as she shook her head. "But we can maybe keep it for one more day."

"But the bump..." He grinned like a fool as he ran his hand over it.

"Well," she ran her hands down to rest over his. "My dress for today's event is cut well; it will probably mask our little bump for another day. But the one on Friday..."

"One more day," Harry took a breath. "I'll talk to Thomas today; have him prepare for an announcement tomorrow while we're at the polo match."

"Okay," Maddie nodded, her teeth biting at her bottom lip as her eyes welled up; unexpected and uncontrollable. "Wow..."

"You okay?" He moved his body closer to hers, everything about him in protective mode.

"I am," she nodded and sniffed. "It's just...becoming more and more real."

"God I know," he laughed, dipping to kiss her stomach once more. "We can tell our friends tonight...at Bishop's party. And tomorrow..."

"Tomorrow," Maddie agreed, her fingers tipping his face up to hers. "You sure you're okay with that?"

"Mmmm..." He nodded, standing up tall to kiss her; his arms moving around her. "Okay with it?" His lips curled higher. "With you starting to show? With...our baby growing and..." He had to stop or it would likely take him down. "Yes, love. Yes. I'm..." He shook his head. "The world has to know eventually. I'm going to be a...father."

"You are," Maddie blinked at the tears in her eyes. "You absolutely are."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

After their moment in the bathroom in the early morning, Maddie and Harry had to pull apart, had to shift their focus. They had an event that afternoon; with School Sport. They were going to an opening of a new sports facility; a youth center. They would be touring, cutting a ribbon. Harry would be speaking and, most likely, playing some sort of sport with the children. The image of that never grew old in Maddie's mind.

But it would begin a bit more formally. So as he changed into his suit, doing his best to keep his now instinctual giddiness under control, Maddie was getting ready herself. As she stepped into her dress, she knew something for certain.

Hiring Winnifred Ellis, the lovely young woman who had designed her dress and was zipping her up at that exact moment, was one of the best decisions she had made since agreeing to marry Harry. Not only was her talent limitless and classic, not only had Maddie loved every single thing she had ever sent over for her to wear over the course of the year. Not only was she above and beyond in the world of design, she had proven to be incredibly private and discreet.

Because there was no way this woman couldn't have known that Maddie was pregnant. She had made this dress so perfectly; it hid her little bump very well. And, as she was helping her dress, she didn't say a word; didn't toss in a knowing look. Even though it was abundantly clear.

And for this, Maddie was grateful.

"Ma'am," she spoke up as Maddie stepped into her shoes. "The dress on Friday, would you still like to go with it?"

Maddie turned to look at her; a smile already in place. "Yes," she nodded. "Everything will be...out...by Friday."

"Very well ma'am," Winnifred nodded with a small smile, clearly struggling with her own desire to congratulate and her professionalism.

"Thank you..." Maddie's hand reached out to her shoulder; her eyes soft and thankful. "Really. Thank you Ms. Ellis."

"Of course," she nodded again, her smile stretching just a bit higher. "Of course."

A soft knock on the door let them know they were no longer alone and Libby stepped in; bright and energetic.

"Ma'am, the car is here."

"Thank you Libby," Maddie nodded, glancing once more into the mirror; checking her hair and her makeup and glancing quickly and lovingly at the little bump that gave them away. They could make it through one more day. The dress would be able to hide the secret for one more day.

"Madeline..." Harry stepped into the room with a smile so wide, so bright, that Maddie knew in her heart of hearts that he would give away their little secret long before the bump would. "You look..." His eyes travelled down her, his head shaking slightly as his eyes glazed over.

"You too," she stepped forward, her hand sliding along his cheek, pulling his attention back to her face. "The car is here..." But neither of them moved.

"I know," he nodded, his hands tucking around her waist. "I saw Libby on her way out with Ms. Ellis." He jerked his head towards the door where both women had slipped when he had stepped in. "I had hoped I could be the one..."

"The one?"

"To do the fetching," he leaned in to kiss her. "Can I confess something?"

"Of course," Maddie nodded as her hands moved up his arms to his shoulders.

"There's a part of me, a tiny part, that wishes this dress couldn't hide the bump another day."

"Ha!" Maddie's soul was warmed with his words, with the look in his eyes when he said them. "Is that so?"

"It absolutely is," he pulled her closer. "I am tired of the hiding and the evasion. I just want to be...deliriously happy about it."

"You just want to start rubbing my belly in public," she countered with a knowing look.

"That too, that too," he laughed.

"Well Captain, you could always have Thomas drop the news today."

"I could," he tossed it around for a moment. "But this way we'll get a chance to tell our friends first."

"That's true," she leaned up to kiss him once more before stepping back, taking his hand in hers. "Come on Daddy...it's time to go."

"And then you go right on and call me that," he beamed as he followed along. "Lord, give me strength." As Harry hoped to hold it together for one more day, he and Maddie made their way down the stairs and to the awaiting car; hand in hand. Ready to start their day.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The crowds had really turned out for the opening; people lining the walks, photographers clicking away. Harry waited for Maddie to round the car to him, waited to put his hand at her back before they moved forward. And if he was a tad more attentive, a tad more protective—nobody was the wiser. They had gotten used to stories of Harry and his roaming hands, of his inability to keep himself from his wife.

Two children stepped up to greet them; offering the cutest bows and curtsies as they met. As Maddie took the small bouquet from the little girl, she caught the look in Harry's eyes and she could see his brain beginning to spiral out just a bit.

They were spending the entire afternoon with children—just as his child was growing and developing inside of her. And there was something about this day, something about their new discovery from that morning that somehow made it more poignant. Her hand rested lovingly on his arm for a moment, trying to pull him back, trying to bring him in. He flashed a smile in her direction and did his best. Standing tall, he extended his hand to greet the adults in the group.

Maddie and Harry handed the media along with them a multitude of memorable moments that day. Harry with is attentiveness as they toured, Maddie with her bright smile and her sweet nature with the kids as they told them about the new facility. There was the moment when they put Harry in front of a soccer goal and handed Maddie a ball. Their back and forth banter, the looks and the winks and ultimately the moment she sailed a ball right past him; lifting her hands in the air in victory. There was the moment when Maddie let a little boy explain to her the finer points of how to throw a ball and the moment when a little girl out shot Harry at the Basketball hoop.

But none were as great as the moment Harry handed them when he took the stage and unfolded his speech.

Maddie watched with a wide smile as he congratulated the staff on what they had put together. She watched with the others in attendance as he complimented the children on their athleticism, as he poked fun at his abilities and offered humility and jokes at his own expense when it came to his wife scoring one on him. He made a point to recognize all the good they were doing there, all the lifelong benefits of sport and activity and the fun that came with it.

And then he lifted his eyes to his unsuspecting wife and with beaming pride and a cheeky grin, he brought the house down.

"And...as I look forward to starting my own journey of fatherhood in a little under six months, I am excited about the opportunity to share these experiences with the first of, what I hope be, many children who are as active and energetic as all of you."

Collectively, the room took a beat; a blink or a breath; a gasp.

And then, collectively, the murmur rose to laughter and applause. The cameras turned in time to catch Maddie's surprise; to capture her recovery, her shy smile and slight wave as the congratulatory feel moved to her.

Nobody heard the end of Harry's speech; his brief thank you and good afternoon. The children in the room who barely understood the gravity of the moment, began to clap for the Prince and Princess—both of whom they thought would be happy with a little baby. And the adults, who understood very well what had just transpired, moved to offer congratulations and to document the moment.

Thomas shook his head with a smile and a look of 'I should have known' before he slipped out of the back of the room to make phone calls; Buckingham Palace, Clarence House, Kensington. In less than ten minutes, palace officials would be confirming what Harry had just let out of the bag.

"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Sussex is expecting a baby.

The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge along with members of both families are delighted with the news."

Harry was quick to her side, driven by a need to bare the brunt of this new attention with her.

"You just couldn't help yourself, could you," she turned her face up to speak into his ear.

"No," he shook his head, his eyes turning soft for a beat. "Are you terribly mad?"

"No," she laughed with a shake of her own head. "I'm not. Though I think you have some explaining to do..."

"My father?" He lifted his eyebrows.

"Yes," she snickered. "You should have seen the look on Thomas' face."

"Ha!" He laughed. "I'm sorry I missed it. Come on love...I have some phone calls to make, some apologies to offer." Though nothing about him seemed sorry in the least.

With a strong arm around her back, he turned a smile to the crowd as they said their good-byes, as they stepped back out into the daylight towards their awaiting car. The crowd outside had heard the news and had nearly doubled in size and the roar of applause and hollers made both Maddie and Harry smile wide.

"Oh wow..." Maddie was momentarily stalled as she took it in.

"Congratulations Harry!" A group of girls yelled out in unison, bring Maddie back from her breath with a laugh.

"Thank you!" Harry called back, smile wide as he stayed at her side; taking them both to the car. There was an abundance of love and well wishes that rushed in their direction; that moment from the onlookers and, soon, from the rest of the world.

But as they slid into the backseat, as the doors closed around them and the car moved forward, Harry turned to Maddie and with no reservation at all, he leaned in to kiss her; his hand moving easily and proudly over the round of her stomach.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It turned out there were no apologies to be made. Not one single member of Harry's family was upset or put off by the way in which he announced to the world that he had a child on the way. In fact, Charles was the first—not the only—to put words to the belief that had it been done any other way it might not have been "Harry's".

They were light and giggly as they made their way around their home, changing from their work clothes to play clothes—readying to go to the Bishop home for the party that evening. It was Bishop's birthday and in lieu of the wild nights of his bachelorhood, they were having a party at their home; friends and family. And Maddie and Ella had already planned to leave early for Kensington with Buckie, wanting their husbands to have the kind of wild evening they hadn't seen for some time.

The moment they stepped in the door, the second Bishop saw them, he clapped his hands together and called out above the noise. "There he is! Ladies and Gentlemen, Daddy Harry!"

A raucous round of applause and hoots rang out into the Bishop home; their friends moving to greet them, to congratulate them and kiss their cheeks.

"You are all over the news man."

"What can I say?" Harry shrugged; smug and proud. "I couldn't keep it to myself any longer."

"Well if it's possible, your popularity is off the charts. And you didn't even have to bare your ass," Bishop hugged Harry, kissing his cheek before turning soft eyes to Maddie. "How's the mommy-to-be?"

"A little embarrassed," she narrowed her eyes at him as he hugged her; talking to her husband over Bishop's shoulder. "We could have just had Bishop make the announcement..."

"Ha!" Harry laughed as he received congrats from Leo and then Sean and then Kiki. "Just right outside the gates of KP?"

"At your service," Bishop pulled back from Maddie. "Now I would offer you some Scotch..."

"Yeah, yeah," Maddie rolled her eyes. "Get my husband some though would you? He needs to relax and celebrate."

"On it," Bishop clapped his hands together and turned to his best friend. "I have a fifteen year old bottle of James King in my study. Care to take it down a notch with me?"

"I would love to," Harry's eyes danced as he turned to his wife who was now stepping out of a hug from Kiki. "What can I get for you?"

"Nothing," she grinned with a shake of her head and glanced to Bishop. "Can you tell me where your wife is?"

"Buckie's room," Bishop pointed towards the back of the house. "He spit up all over himself just before the party."

"Like father, like son I see," Harry snickered.

"Easy," Bishop eyed him. "Head on back. She's dying to see you."

"Great," Maddie stepped right into her husband's side; unabashedly snuggling close as her eyes turned flirty. "Go have fun with Bishop, Captain." She kissed him. "It's his birthday. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

"Let me hit on you mercilessly later?" He lifted his eyebrows, his lips in that damn smug smile of his.

"Oh absolutely," she nodded, kissing him again before she stepped out of his arms. "Go. Have fun."

"I love you," he watched her as she walked away; oblivious to the sappy look on his face.

"I know you do daddy," she tossed a wink, watched his hand clutch his heart and then laughed as Bishop drug him off towards his study. With a sigh of her own, she hurried back towards Buckie's room; excited to see both him and his mother.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There was cake.

There was singing.

There was an inordinate amount of toasting and an exuberant amount of drinking. And by the time Maddie and Ella were gearing up to leave, both of their husbands were just past tipsy and very close to drunk.

And Harry—who was handsy on a normal, sober day—couldn't seem to get his hands from his wife; or his mind or his eyes.

"Let me come home with you," he was kissing at her neck as she pushed at his shoulders.

"No," she shook her head, pulling him from her skin. "It's Bishop's birthday and the party has only really started..." She pulled his gorgeous pout to her lips and kissed him. "Mmmm...Harry?"

"Yes love?"

"Did you steal my lip balm?" Maddie's tongue swept out over her lips as she eyed him.

"I did," he nodded; an exaggerated, heavy bob of his head. "I did. I'm sorry. I just...I needed some and it was right there on the table by the door and...I have to tell you. It's actually really great stuff."

"I know," she laughed at him as his eyes grew wide and serious.

"It makes my lips really soft..." He leaned in to kiss her; wanting her closer.

"And taste like honey..." She sighed against his lips. "You...taste like honey."

"I know," he grinned. "Will you let me come home with you now?"

"Ha....no...Come on, your friends are all here and there's plenty of Scotch." She stepped up to his body, wrapping her arms around his waist as his moved around her, hugging her tight. "Ella and I are going to put Buckie down in the spare room and have tea and relax."

"I love you Madeline," he was surrendering; this had been the plan initially. "I love you so much," his hands slid up to her face, cupping it sweetly in his palms as he held her eyes. "You've made me the happiest..."

"And the drunkest..." Maddie cut in with a sweet snicker.

Harry sighed, his eyes twinkling as he leaned in to kiss her. "You know I would say all of these things sober..." He kissed the tip of her nose. "In fact I plan on it. Tomorrow."

"I can't wait," Maddie patted his ass and looked up at him. "You play polo in the morning you know."

"I do," he nodded with a grin. "Bishop's been giving me water every other drink so..."

"So thank God for Bishop?" Maddie laughed at the way the two of them took care of each other.

"Absolutely," Bishop's voice called out from around the corner; appearing with Ella and Buckie and a packed bag. "Thank God for Bishop." He smirked as he looked at the two of them. "I would tell you two to get a room but...it's my house and I would really rather you not."

"Ha!" Maddie laughed, tipping up on her toes to kiss Harry again. "Okay boys. We're out of here."

"You know," Bishop nuzzled his son and then folded his arms; looking at the three of them with narrowed eyes. "When I suggested we swap spouses for one night, this wasn't exactly what I had in mind," Bishop joked as Harry smacked him on the backside of the head.

"Funny," Maddie sighed. "When I agreed to it, it was exactly what I had in mind."

"Ha!" Ella laughed; leaning in to kiss her own husband. "I love you. Don't burn down the house."

"I promise," Bishop kissed her back. "I will see you in the morning my love....my son..." He kissed the chubby little baby once more.

"Okay Captain," Maddie nodded her head to draw him to her; her fingers pulling at the front of his shirt. "Give me a little more of that honey..."

And as Bishop groaned and covered Buckie's eyes with his hand, Harry leaned in and kissed her; his mouth warm and insistent and open over hers.

"Come home in one piece," she commanded as he bent to kiss her stomach.

"Absolutely," he nodded. "Have a great night." He leaned to kiss Ella, to kiss Buckie and then with a look of pride and a tad bit of regret, he watched as the two women and the happy little baby stepped out of the house and out of their sight.

Bishop moved to stand next to his best friend, watching them go with a wide smile of his own. With a sigh, he nudged Harry and turned to look him over. "You're going to be a father."

Harry laughed; his entire face lighting up as tears filled his eyes. "I am..." He nodded to himself, to Bishop, and then, with the enormity of celebration that burst from every inch of him, he turned towards the party and called out, "I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER!"

As the applause broke out, as more drinks were poured, Harry and Bishop stepped back into the party; into hugs and congratulations and a night of revelry.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It was already beginning to be clockwork; her waking in the middle of the night for something to drink. She wasn't sure exactly how it was she was still thirsty, given the enormous amount of water she seemed to be drinking. But she pulled her eyes open anyway and tossed back the blankets. Her throat was dry; feeling a thirst that needed to be quenched; a thirst that would later pull her from bed in the early morning for another clockwork bathroom run.

Her forehead knotted in confusion when she heard the sounds coming from the bathroom, her eyes squinting at the light coming out from under the closed door. As she rose from bed, she heard the shower shut off and she glanced around the room. Harry's close from that day laid in a pile just outside the bathroom door; his wallet and phone and ring were resting on his dresser. He had come home.

"Harry?" She knocked lightly on the door. "Harry are you home?" Her hand moved to the handle. Turning it slowly, she pushed on the door, knocking again. "Harry?" Her eyes squinted at the bright light as he turned to her; wet with a towel wrapped around his waist, fresh from the shower.

"I'm sorry," his words were quick; his eyes wide as he looked at her. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to wake you. I..."

"You came home," she shook her head; confused.

"Yeah," he breathed, running a hand through his wet hair.

"But...I thought you would end up staying at Bishop's..." She looked him over, her lips curling up as she took him in.

"Yeah, I..." He gulped and took a breath; his exhale a bit shaky as he shrugged. "I wanted to be home. I wanted to...shower and brush my teeth and just..." He glanced down at his hands and back up to her. "Just crawl in bed with you."

"Aw," her head dipped to the side.

"But I didn't mean to wake you," he shook his head; his eyes a little off, a little sad as he looked to her.

"You didn't," she smiled, stepping further into the room and reaching around him to the glass on the counter. "I was thirsty."

"Ah," he nodded, watching as she filled the glass. "Do you want me to go down and get ice? Or tea or..."

"No," she smiled softly. "This is fine."

"I would be happy to though," he continued. "If you wanted..."

"I know," she chuckled lightly, her hand resting on his arm to stall him; his skin hot from the shower. "Are you okay?"

"What?" His brow creased as his eyes flashed wide. "Why? What do you mean?"

"I mean...are you okay?" She laughed, her hand smoothing over his skin as she sat down the glass. "It's three in the morning and you're home...taking a shower and...and I don't know, offering to bring me tea and..."

"Cake," he offered, his features softening as he took a deep breath. "I would bring you cake if you wanted."

"I know you would," she nodded. "But I don't want cake."

"No?" He smiled, easing up as she moved in closer to him.

"No," she bit her bottom lip, her cheeks flushing just a bit.

"Well, is there anything..." He couldn't help the way his body warmed as she moved into his space. His eyes met hers with one devilishly arched eyebrow. "Is there anything at all that I can get for you? Anything I can do?"

"Hmmmm..." Maddie's lips pressed together, her hands sliding down his chest, down his stomach to the top of the towel draped around his waist. "Maybe." She was so cute as she looked up at him; her hair mussed from sleeping, her cheeks pink and her eyes bright and it was all Harry had not to pull her into the tightest and longest of bear hugs.

In truth he had come home to be near her. The day had been crazy, the night even more so and the only thing that he felt that would anchor it all down was her.

"Maybe?" His grin pulled higher; his brain shaking off the day, pulling him to this moment.

"Are you too tired?" She asked as her fingertips tickled at the soft patch of hair that lead south.

"For you, never," he shook his head.

"Too drunk?" She leaned into him then, her fingers getting a good hold on the towel.

"In fact," Harry's voice dropped as his body responded to her words, her gaze, her intentions. "I'm sobered up."

"Good..." She sighed. "Good. You know...tonight, when I came to bed alone...I laid awake thinking about you and me and this baby..." Both of their smiles pulled higher. "And what I really wanted was to celebrate."

"Yeah?" His voice came out with his breath; sharp and a bit labored.

"Yeah," she nodded. "Now tell me. Are you terribly attached to this towel?" Without taking his eyes from hers, he shook his head. "I think that maybe, if it's okay with you...I've figured out something that I want." With wide, innocent eyes, she looked right up at him, her fingers tight around his towel as she sighed. "What do you say Captain? Can I have you?"

In a blink, something washed over Harry's face; serious and full of a higher brand of want, of lust. A gasp tumbled from Maddie's lips when he moved in on her; with one hand behind her head, he held her to him, his mouth moving hotly over hers. And with his other hand, he reached for the towel and tugged.

The sound that came from her mouth when he moved them both, when he turned her back to the counter and pressed into her—was a moan wrapped up in surprise and draped in desire. And the way he made her body feel in the middle of the night on that bathroom counter was nothing short of amazing. She wasn't sure where his drive came from, where exactly all of this intensity had been resting but when she tugged him into this place of want, he had jumped in head first.

Though it was hot, though it was quick and unexpected, that night on that counter, they made love. When she fell apart in his arms, she swore she saw tears in his eyes and when he finally moved to his end, when he finally let go inside of her, she wasn't sure he could get any closer to her, wasn't sure if they could be more wrapped around the other.

It was intense and wonderful; warm and sweet. And it was exactly what she had been craving all day.

It was a big day in the Sussex household; one that had started and ended right there in that bathroom—started and ended with his hands on her body, with their hearts wide open and full of love.