Interesting Chapter #1

Tara's POV~

Dear Diary,

My name is Tara West; I'm currently 16 years old and attend Richmond Christian School. I'm in year 10 and have a best friend called Ashton. Even though he's year 12, we still make time for each other. We might not be in the same year or have the same classes but we still have Morning, Recess, Lunch and after school to hangout, so it's not that bad. I met Ashton when I was attending year 7 open day, he was year 9 at the time and was there to help everyone out. We sort of just clicked and have been best friends ever since. Anyway Ashton is really talented, he can play the drums. When I say play I mean, boy can he play! He performs at assembly's and other musical events.

With me being the only child, my parents like to make sure I get good grades and attend school. Which doesn't bother me much because I can handle it. The only thing I don't like is well, being the only child. I guess that's why they allow me to hang out with Ashton whenever, as long as I'm back in time for dinner and they know where I am. Ah gotta go phones ringing! By Diary...

I quickly shut my diary and placed it back in my top draw of my desk. I looked around for my phone and quickly answered it.

"Hello?" I spoke wondering who it was.

"Hey its me, just wondering if we're still going to the carnival tonight?" Ashton spoke.

We go very year. The carnival was held at the local football club oval where they set up rides and have fireworks at the end, it was truly amazing and really fun. Apparently it's held for all the year twelves to celebrate them finishing school. Although it's during mid year, there's a short ceremony held at the carnival for them. And that's when I remembered Ashton is in year 12.

"We have to go! It's basically your ceremony!" I chuckled.

"Oh, yeah... I forgot about that..." Ashton said mumbling the words.

"How could you forget?" I laughed as I looked around my room, I glanced towards my alarm clock. It said 7:30am. It was a Friday morning and I had school, oh the joy...

"Uh, because we normally go on rides whilst the ceremony is on!" Ashton replied covering up.

"Oh yeah well, you can't miss it this time!"

"I know! Speaking of time... I gotta go get ready for school! See you in a bit!" Ashton says quickly before hanging up.

I yawned and placed my phone back down on my side table. Walking to my wardrobe, I gathered my school uniform and got changed. Putting on my blue and red striped school dress, along with a red tie and blazer. I quickly put my hair in a pony tail and headed towards the bathroom. I then moved onto makeup. I looked in the mirror at my cheeks, they have a slight pink to them and I honestly hate it. I placed some concealer on and then a light coat of foundation, blending it. After that I put some mascara on my eye lashes, once I was satisfied with how I looked I walked back to my room and placed my shoes on.

I had already had breakfast and brushed my teeth, I grabbed my school bag and placed my books I needed inside. I walked back to the kitchen, grabbing an apple and chucking it in my lunchbox. I then rushed to my room and grabbed my phone placing it in my front pocket of my bag. After that I walked towards the front door, quietly opening it trying to keep quiet. As my mum and dad were both still asleep.

I wonder why my parents made me go to this school? I mean did they think it would change my view on things? Did they think I needed to go to the best school just because they wanted the best for their only child? I mean its not like we pray or anything, with it being a Christian school I mean that's not the point. Either way I'm glad, otherwise I wouldn't have met Ashton. Just as I was heading my way on the foot path to walk to school a car beeped. I smiled as I saw Ashton's car pull over on the side of the road.