When We Touch Chapter #12

Tara's POV~

My body aches, I can't move a single muscle in my body. What happened?

Where am I?

Is this a dream?

I opened my eyes, struggling to see things straight. The sun beamed into my direction, looking down to avoid it I notice I'm laying on grass.

Grass?

I can't think of any place with grass? That's strange. More importantly, how did I get here?

Blinking a few times in a row, my vision came back to normal. I glanced up, this place... Was an oval... What am I doing on the floor of an oval?

Holy shit.

Holy fucking shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Fuck.

My body feels numb itching a way to move. My stiff neck moves to its right, there lay Michael? Michael? What's he doing here?

"Michael?" I whispered, his eyes were closed with his arms either side.

"Michael, wake up!" My fingers started to move, it felt like my whole body was made out of steel. I tried moving my right arm to reach for him, only a little progress was made. My fingers gripped the strains of grass, trying to pull me closer.

Why do I feel like this? How did this happen? So many questions are roaming my mind.

"Ah fuck!" Michael's voice cursed. His eyes squinting from the sunlight.

A small smile formed on my face as I looked at him, knowing he was okay. Not that I care or anything.

"What happened?" His head turned to face me.

"I don't know, all I know is we're on an oval and I can't move!"

"Ugh! What the fuck!" I could tell he was angry.

"Don't look at me! I didn't do anything!" Michael all of a sudden moved. Getting up and standing next to me, his eyes looking down upon me.

"You have to relax, don't tense up!" Michael eased his voice to a calm whisper, something I've never heard him sound like before.

"I'm trying!" I yelled back, I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Now move!" Michael clapped his hands together.

I focused on sitting up, relaxing my back and pulling myself up. I did it!

Bending my knees I placed my hands behind me pushing up my weight and standing up, facing Michael.

"What now?" I asked brushing the dirt off my hands and onto my jeans.

"We figure out how the fuck we got here!" He crossed his arms over his chest and looked at me.

"Wait a second..." I paused, shocked by my familiar surroundings. It looked completely different in day light, and with no rides.

"What is it?" Michael said clueless.

"This is... Where the carnival happened. The Ferris wheel was over there..." I swallowed the lump forming in the back of my throat.

"Okay so that has to mean something right?" Michael took a step closer so he was by my side.

"Why are you being so... So nice to me?"

"Well why not?"

"You're weird... I don't like it!" I inched away, crossing my arms over my chest.