The Carnival Begins Chapter #2

Tara's POV~

"Are you alright to get to the carnival yourself?" Ashton said as he parked the car on the side of the road.

"Yeah, I'll be fine!" I smiled and opened the door, grabbing my bag I shut the door and smiled at Ashton.

"Don't go on any rides without me!" He shouted, I laughed and made my way to my front door.

"I'm home!" I yelled as I made my way to my room.

Funny how no one replies, my dad was most likely in his office doing things with work and my mum was probably busy cooking something and didn't hear me. I put my school bag down and changed clothes. I grabbed a pair of black skinny jeans I had and a long sleeve denim top. After I finished re-applying my make up and re-doing my hair I was ready to leave. It was already 4pm and I needed to start walking to make it in time.

"Uh bye mum!" I yelled hoping for a response.

"Bye darling have fun!" She yelled as I heard the oven timer go off.

I closed the front door and made my way to the local oval where it was held. I've never walked alone before, I've always had friends with me. This will be an adventure, I placed my ear phones in my ears and turned on my music. Having it low in case I get run over by a car, at least then I'll be able to hear it. Can you imagine if I got hit? That would be one hell of a ride. Ha get it? Ride as in a car ride? No okay.

I looked left and right then crossed up to a main high way. Walking down a boring straight path before I could see the carnival in few. I placed my hands in the pockets of my jeans and took in the view. Cars sped up the road, making a funny feeling in my gut appear. By now I could hear faint music, the noise of a car speeding behind me made me shiver in slight fear. I glanced backwards and saw a black car. It slowed down, still going but almost at a speed where it could stop.  

"Hey hottie! Wanna ride?" A guy smirked as I noticed something unsual. The driver had pink hair.

I looked away and kept walking, fastening my pace as I was only a minute away from the carnival. Who do they think they are? Guys are disgusting and weird. Guys don't care about your personality all they want is to get in your pants. Heck evenually that's what all guys want. I think guys are jerks! I shook them off and made my way to the entrance, walking in I noticed the slightly tall blonde-ish curly headed best friend of mine.

"Hey! quick we have time for one ride!" Ashton yelled as he pushed me towards some random ride. "Oh uh hey and okay!" I laughed getting into a bumper car ready to have some fun!

 Courtney's POV~

"Can we leave already?" I yelled frustrated my little sister who was only six years old was being a pain, screaming and crying.  sometimes I hate my family. But I'm pretty close to them. I hate being late to things, I rushed to the car and tapped away on my phone playing angry birds to kill time. I can't help but think about Tara and Ashton. Does Tara know that I like Ashton? She did trick me at Lunch today. Maybe she's on to something. I sure hope not, I can't face Ashton on my own!

The car stopped and I finally looked up. "I'll be watching the ceremony tonight so don't wait up for me!" I un buckled my seat belt and got out of the car. I walked towards the stage where it was being held. I sat down on a random chair at the front and looked up, it had a screen and a microphone already set up. The ceremony was starting in about 5 minutes as I waited for the time to pass.

"That was fun! A part from when I nearly got stuck!" I heard the voice of Tara and a laughing Ashton, his laugh makes me melt inside.

"Hey Courtney!" Tara said coming up to me and sitting down.