Listen Chapter #6

Courtney's POV~

"Ashton... Come back!" I begged, watching his figure drift away not looking back at me.

Tears whelmed in the brim of my eyes as I blinked, soon enough the salty water bled down my cold cheeks. Hairs on my arms stood up from the cool breeze, there I stood alone looking lost and lonely, not knowing what to do.

Dear god, if you can hear me... Give me a sign of what I can do? I stuffed everything up and could really use your help right about now....

I breathed heavily taking a step forward and thinking about how I could fix things. Once I reached the front of my house I quickly wiped the drying tears away and walked through the door, putting a smile on and trying to forget what I did, which will be hard.

"Hello?" I spoke walking through the kitchen waiting for a response from someone.

"Courtney, where have you been?" My mothers voice made me jump as she stood behind me.

"Don't sneak up on me like that! I could've had a heat attack!" I looked at her, her facial expression wasn't so nice.

"But you didn't! Where were you last night!?"

"I slept over Tara's house after I went to the movies, let me tell you that was a big mistake!" I answered.

"Next time tell me! I was worried sick! I thought you'd been kidnapped!" She shouted in panic.

"Yeah well, I'd rather be kidnapped right now!" I perked my bottom lip up.

"That's not very nice, and why is that?" She asked as she walked to the fridge, I sat on a kitchen stool and sighed.

"I stuffed everything up..." I mumbled.

"What exactly is everything? Talking about it might help!" She assured.

"Well, it's a long story..."

"We have plenty of time! We're not going anywhere!" She chuckled getting things out of the pantry.

"Okay, well Ashton was at the cinemas and we didn't expected him to be there and apparently he saw the same movie as us, anyway after he meet up with other people and Tara and I had never seen them before. She was yelling at Ashton because he was stirring her up and not being herself, then I offered to talk to him because She's scared of a guy with pink hair well I think and-" I paused knowing I suck at explaining.

"You know what that's another story! I used her phone to talk to Ashton and she found out, got angry and didn't wanna see me. Then I met up with Ashton at the park and then he got mad because he was expecting Tara and not me and he started yelling and said our friendship is over and that I stuff things up! I officially have no friends! That's why I'd rather get kidnapped!"

"If they were your true friends they'd say sorry! Give them space... Maybe that's what they need, okay?" I nodded.

"Alright, thanks for the advice mum, I might head up to my room"

"No worries!" She smiled, I returned the favour and then walked down the hall to my room, shutting the door I lay down on my bed and stare blankly at my plain white ceiling.

They need space, how much space?

Ashton's POV~

I feel kinda bad for ignoring Courtney but I can't help it, once I get angry I just can't control it and need time to cool off. She just had to do that didn't she? She could've used her own god damn phone, I wanted to sort it out with Tara not Courtney!

I miss Tara, I miss our talks and the laughing and joking around!

Michael... I have to chat to that kid, he's been scaring her I know it. Damn I told him not too!

"Ashton! Where are you?" Luke's voice sang.

"In here!" I yelled back.

"Where's here?" He laughed.

"Lounge room!" I replied.

Luke was the quite and shy one of the group, always scared to approach others but when he's around friends and family he's genuinely funny and smart!

"Alright let's start! Cal, Michael hurry up!" I was sat between my drums holding my sticks, one in either hand.

If you haven't guessed, we're a band.

5 Seconds of Summer is the name.

"Michael, stop it!" I laid my eyes on the pink haired boy with attitude.

"How about you shut up?" His rusty and loud voice said.

Michael, where do I begin? He isn't like the rest of us, he's different... You see, his arms are filled with tattoos, he also has piercings, and well bright pink hair. People always think something of him, whether that be a big dangerous tough guy or a guy who is humble and funny. To me, he just looks tough on the outside, he just chooses to act different. Say with like girls for example, he doesn't act as the nice guy he is, but that's only because of his appearance which he chooses to act scary and mysterious.

"Luke!" Calum's husky voice shouted.

Then there's Calum, the sweetest and nicest guy I've ever met. Always joking around even if no one laughs with him, he's just an overall fun guy to be around.

"And a 1, 2, 3 and 4"

Tara's POV~

What's wrong with me? Why do I always have to yell?

I decided to get some fresh air and go for a walk, hoping that way I can think things through my head. Praying I could figure out a way where I can magically be friends with Ashton again. Maybe if I call Ashton and chat to him, maybe he needs that. Someone to be there for him, then again after what Courtney did he never tried to contact me after.

I placed my hands in my pockets and looked at the ground. Wishing everything was back to normal, I wonder how school is gonna be tomorrow. Hmm not looking forward to that!

"Hey beautiful!" A voice came from behind, making me shit my pants and jump.

"Fuck!" I cursed and turned around.

My heart instandly started pumping faster and faster as I saw the person standing in front of me.

"Y- you're M- Michael..." I stuttered scared to face him.

"That's me babe, and you are?" He winked.

"Ta- I'm Tara!" I finally managed to say.

"Relax, I'm not that scary!"

I just stared blankly at him, is this even real?

"Why do you people judge on appearance?"

"What do you mean you people?" I blurted out like this was a normal conversation.

"Maybe it's just girls..." He thought out loud.

Why am I even talking to him? I shouldn't be doing this...

This isn't right, I don't even know him...

"What's going on?" I said looking at him confused.

Before I could process what was happening I was being dragged by him.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he pulled my hand along with his.

"Please, don't hurt me!" I yelped.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked hoping he would reply to my question.

"Here" He said looking at what was in front of him.

"A park?"

I don't know whether I should be scared or glad he didn't creep me out, like back on the ferris wheel.

"What are we doing here?"

"You ask too many questions!" Michael laughed staring straight at me.

"Sorry..." I apologised.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it wasn't great....

Thanks for reading! :-)