Emily: Part 3

Nate and Emily were standing in her room. They had been hanging out quite a bit, honestly Emily wanted to be friends with him.

Sarah was out looking for Alina because she didn't show up, meanwhile Nate and Emily were waiting for her to come back.

Emily sat on her bed. "What if something happened to her?" Emily felt her throat started to close up and a tear fell from her eye.

"She's probably fi- are you crying?" Nate said in a concerned tone, rushing over to the side of her bed.

"No," she responded a little to quickly.

Nate grabbed her hand as he sat down next to her. "She's probably fine."

Emily gave him a weak smile. Then, suddenly, the door to her bedroom opened and out stepped Alina.

"Alina, what the hell, we been looking for you!" Emily exclaimed as she grabbed her arm. She turned towards Emily, face pale and almost green, hair frazzled and a mess.

"I have a-" she ran over to her trash can and threw up.

Nate stood up next to Emily. "Hangover would be the right term," he said. She pushed his arm a little.

Emily walked over to Alina and did a spell to heal her hangover, though it didn't seem to work all the way for when she stood up her eyes were still the deepest shade of red I'd ever seen. She wiped her mouth. "Thanks," she said as she climbed into Emily's bed started sleeping.

Nate started, "Are just going to let her-" Emily covered his mouth and pulled him outside.

"Yes, I am. So what up with you?" Emily asked as she pulled him into the kitchen area. She put some popcorn in the microwave, and Nate sat at one of the kitchen bar stools.

"Nothing, I was wondering something." Emily sat down across from him, the popcorn making loud noises that made up jump in synchronization.

"What?" she asked, resting her face in her hands, smushing her cheeks.

"Why are the others more powerful than you?" he asked bluntly.

"Well... I'll start with a little explanation... as you know, I have anger issues, and my magic gets out of control when I'm mad. So, a few years back I lost my temper and something... bad ....happened, so I decided to store a certain portion of my magic away."

"Why don't Sarah and Alina have that problem?"

"Because their magic isn't as strongly linked to their emotions, which means that potentially they are less powerful than me, since my magic ties into my emotions," Emily took the popcorn from the microwave and walked to the sofa in front of the T.V. "Come on, let's sit and watch T.V." Emily says as Nate gets up and sits next to her.

About half way through the movie, Emily fell to asleep. When she woke up, her head was on Nate's lap, and he was still looking at the T.V. Emily stood up before falling back down.

"My head feels like it's spinning," Emily said as she scrunched her face while pressing palm on her forehead.

"I'll go check up on Alina then," Nate got up and left the room.

Emily laid back down on the couch and rested her eyes. When she opened them she was in an unfamiliar room, and Nate was pulling the magic from her.

That little twat! Emily thought as she shoved him off her arm. She raised her arm to punch him, but Nate grabbed it, which caused her to black out.

When she once again woke up she saw Nate, Sarah, and Alina. She tried to stand up but was quickly stopped because she was magically hand cuffed to the wall.

"What the hell is this?!?" Emily could feel her blood boil as she got madder

"Emily, do you remember yesterday?" Sarah asked.

"Yes, I was on my couch and I fell asleep. When I woke up I was here, and Nate was taking my magic!" Emily glared at Nate.

"No," Nate said as he walked closer to Emily. "You came in here and tried to kill me," Nate said while crouching down.

Emily's eye softened as she looked down, avoiding making eye contact.

"Emily, we think that your anger and magic are too strongly linked," Sarah spoke up in a soft tone. "We had Nate take all the power he could from you, but as your anger increased, so did your magic. So, we ended up taking you down here, and I did a simple sleeping spell to keep you asleep for as long as I could," Sarah explained. Emily took a deep breath.

"So, what now?"