Sarah: Part 4

"Shawn, you don't have to do this for me," Sarah said, sitting down on the musty old couch in Shawn's living room. Shawn laughed from in the tiny apartment's kitchen.

"It's funny you think I'm doing this for you," he joked. Sarah laughed. Shawn came walking out of the kitchen with two champagne glasses and a bottle of wine. Sarah gasped.

"Shawn! You're not twenty-one!" Sarah said, standing up in anger. Shawn shook his head.

"Relax, goody two-shoes, the bottle's just for looks. It's cider." Shawn set the bottle down on the table and set a glass down in front of Sarah. She smiled.

"You knew that would upset me," Sarah said. Shawn laughed.

"I just think you look hot when your angry," Shawn said. He took a bottle opener and popped the cork off. Sarah smiled.

"Where'd you get the wine bottle from, Mr. Cider," Sarah mocked. Shawn awkwardly laughed. Sarah cocked her head. "What's up?" Sarah asked, suddenly concerned for Shawn. She put a hand on his shoulder. Shawn sighed.

"I uh, I got it from my work."

"Huh?"

"Well, I couldn't go to college, so I had to get a job. I've been working at Newholder's Bistro downtown for a little over a year now," Shawn said awkwardly. Sarah laughed. "What's so funny?" Shawn asked. Sarah held back her laughter.

"Sorry, nothing, it's just, you acted like you had some huge secret. You kinda scared me if I'm being honest. Working at a bistro isn't embarrassing. I think it's kinda cool," Sarah said. She poured herself a glass of cider and took a sip of it. Shawn smiled.

"Really?" Shawn asked in disbelief. Sarah nodded, and quickly took another gulp of some of her cider. "That's such a relief!" Sarah set down her cider.

"Hey, do you think we'd get in free?" Sarah asked. Shawn smiled.

"Yeah, probably."

"Do you think we can go right now?" Sarah's eyes gleamed with hope. Shawn sighed.

"Well I mean, when you look at me like that..." Sarah squealed with joy.

"Ah! Yay, this is going to be so romantic! Hang on, give me just a second, I'm going to borrow one of your shirts, ok?" Sarah said. Shawn laughed and nodded.

"Do whatever you need." Sarah smiled and pecked Shawn on the cheek.

"Oh, this is going to be so nice!" Sarah ran off to Shawn's room.

*****

Shawn had grabbed his blazer and put it on in an attempt to look nicer for Sarah. He just wanted to impress her. Suddenly, he heard a clicking against the creaky wooden floor and sat up from the springy sofa. Out from the end of the hallway stepped Sarah, wearing one of Shawn's old blue shirts. It was swirled, and it looked like she'd tied it in the back so it looked like a strapless gown. Shawn's new black jacket hung down to her knees. The whole outfit surprisingly nice. Shawn stood up and walked over to Sarah. She smiled.

"Does it look ok?" Sarah asked. Shawn laughed.

"It's funny you think you even have to ask." He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. Sarah leaned in a little closer.

"You ready to go?" Sarah asked. Shawn groaned.

"Just a second," he said. Sarah pushed away.

"C'mon, we've got to go," Sarah said. She walked towards the door. Shawn grabbed her hand.

"Ok, fine, we'll go," Shawn said. He followed after her. Right before she opened the door, he pulled her in and spun her. She laughed.

"What're you doing?" she asked with a giggle. He smiled.