Emily: Part 9

"THE DOCTORS ARE SUPPOSED TO KEEP TO THEM DAMN SELVES!" Emily screamed in the living room. Nate looked around and saw that half of his furniture was floating in mid air. Nate walked over to Emily and tried to comfort her.

"Emily-"

"And what about you! They make it sound like you're some millionaire!" Emily threw the paper on the ground and started to run her hands through her hair.

"W-well I- uh..." Emily turned and looked at him. "I kinda am."

"But I thought-"

"It's not something I flaunt around!" he said aggravated. He sighed to release heat. "I may have inherited a little more than I let on." Emily raised her eyebrows. "I'm a billionaire."

"But your college-"

"That was before I inherited all this! Once I got it I repaid Shawn, but he bought this fancy restaurant and he's doing very well off." Nate sat on his couch.

"Oh, I- wow..." Emily said in shock, pacing around the room.

Emily suddenly felt colder, which meant that she was heating up. This happened a lot when she was younger and couldn't control her magic. With the coma, her powers were probably still a little wonky.

"I'm going to get soup." Emily started to walk to the door. Nate grabbed her arm before quickly retracting and looking at his hand, then Emily in concern.

"Emily, your burning up." Nate put his hand on her forehead.

"I know," she pulled his hand away. "It's a-uh magic thing. The coma made my powers all wonky... I'm going to the store to get some soup."

"In your PJ's?" Nate mocked. Emily looked down. She was wearing plaid pants and one of Nate's shirts that hung over one of her shoulders, and her hair was in a messy bun.

"Yes! I can wear whatever I want!" Emily turned back to head to the door.

"Watch out for press," Nate chuckled.

Emily turn back and kissed him on the cheek, but when she looked back up at him, he had a confused look on his face.

"Sorry, habits." She smiled and walked out the door.

When she got out of the building, she walked to Nate's car. She had grabbed his keys on the way out. She drove to Target and walked to the isle with the spices. There was a curtain mixture that could help with the fever, the magic side affects only tended to affect Emily.

After her items were checked out, she walked through the exit only to be mobbed by paparazzi.

"How did you manage to land Mrs. Vance? Why at only twenty is he the youngest billionaire out there?"

"How did you meet?"

"Who are you?"

Emily could feel herself heating up more, but she lost some of her muscle control as the people all pushed her around. Before she knew it, her face hit the ground.

**

When she opened her eyes, Emily saw Nate sitting next to her while stroking her cheek. Emily was instantly relieved.

Am I back in the dream world?

Emily looked down to her hand to see no ring. "Oh, I thought I was back in a coma," she joked.

Nate suddenly looked offended. "Emily you shouldn't-"

"I know," she held her hand up. "So let me guess, I have a concussion."

"Yep." Nate smiled, but not a smile of pure joy, it was almost a lip bite crossed with a cringing smile.

"Great," she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm. "Ok well-" Emily grabbed the remote and turned on the T.V.

"I don't thi-"

The T.V. turned to the news and saw a picture of her laying on the ground, and then it showed Nate picking her up. Emily turned off the T.V.

"Did no one call an ambulance for me?" She turned to Nate.

"I did, when the store owner called me."

"Those- I- and-" Emily was to mad to form words.

"Hey. Hey it's ok," Nate stroked her cheek.

"Thanks, I'm leaving though." Emily grabbed his hand and intertwined their fingers while pulling Nate down the hallway.

"Woah, slow down," Nate chuckled.

Emily slowed down to a walk when she realized that this wasn't the same hospital from home.

"Like I said, slow down," Nate smiled. "It's this way," he turned to his right.

**

After joking around in the car they got back to the apartment.

"So how's your work going?" She fidgeted with her hands.

"I uh- I've been taking off. My moms in charge at the moment." He rubbed the back of his neck

"What about your dad?"

"He died." Emily's eye widened "That's why I inherited the company at this age."

"What about Me-" Emily stopped herself.

"She uh- she killed him." Emily's eyes widen impossibly more as she turned to see Nate leaning his forearms on the counter.

Emily walked over. "Nate I'm sor-"

"If you say your sorry, I will walk away," he joked as he wrapped his arms around Emily's waist.

Emily knew that Nate liked to joke, it was a defense mechanism for him.