Kayla: Part 3

A/N: Ok, so this is a bit tricky. This does not take place at the same time as Sarah and Emily's chapter, but rather, three weeks prior before Shawn became Spellscarred. This is directly following the events of Kayla's previous chapter. I hope you understand and enjoy!

"What a lucky shot, huh?  Jet's a pretty amazing kid," Belle said.  Kayla shrugged.

"I mean, I haven't really been to many sport games," she said.  Belle smiled, though there was a slight... mischievousness to it.

"Oh, don't be silly!  Don't you remember Sophomore year, we were on the Varsity cheer squad, we went to all the games."  Kayla sputtered, and her face went bright red.

"S-surely I don't know what you're talking about, Ms. Monroe, I just transferred in today-"

"Don't play dumb, Alina."  Kayla stood there silent.  "Yeah, I figured it out once I saw the way you looked at Jet.  You used to give Tom that same, romantic look."  Kayla glared at her.

"I do not give Jet that look- wait, that isn't important here. How the heck did you know it was me? I wouldn't even recognize myself looking like this!" She smirked.

"You see, I began to grow incredibly suspicious about your abrupt absence from school. And, at the same time, my best friends were growing anxious since their brother was never at home anymore, he said he was always at the library or at a friend's house. So, one day, Jess and Meg followed him and ended up in your room at the hospital. Then, of course, they came to me."

"Why you?" Kayla asked. She smiled.

"Because I have magic too." Kayla gasped.

"What do you- how did you know I have magic?" Kayla asked coldly.

"Well, when they told me about this, I went to the hospital with them the next day. Nate wasn't there, so I was able to use my magic. I detected a powerful magic over you and your cousins, it was very similar to the magic I found that day in the bathroom. So I pieced it together; when you told me you were magic when you were drunk, I thought you were crazy. But when I found you in a hospital room, just oozing with magical energy, then I knew you were a witch."

"So is that what happened that night, I couldn't remember any of it..."

"Yes, that's exactly what happened. And now-" Belle reached forward and grabbed Kayla's wrist. "You're coming with me."

"What! What the hell do you think you're doing!" Kayla said, struggling against Belle's grip.

"One of my friends is waiting for you, and your cousins. Perhaps you will be enough to draw the others out." Alina kicked Belle down and began to spin her hands, preparing to cast a spell.

"Impetu!" she shouted.  There was a small explosion, but it bounced right off of her body. Belle smiled.

"I'm sure you know, witch magic doesn't work on other witches." Belle stood up. "Just come on!" Belle curled a fist and reared back to punch. Kayla squeezed her eyes shut and braced.

Thwack! There was a short slapping sound, and when Kayla opened her eyes, Jet stood in front of her, holding Belle's fist in his. His tan skin was still misted with sweat from the game, and his eyebrows were furled in anger.

"What the hell are you doing, Ms. Monroe!?!" he shouted, and he placed himself between the two girls. Belle sputtered in shock.

"I, uh-"

"Well!?!" Jet yelled. She smiled and took a step away.

"I was demonstrating the Mercutio fight scene from Romeo and Juliet for Miss Evans, here. She was struggling with how it would be acted out in the play." Jet released her fist and took a step away.

"Well next time, try making it look less real, you'll freak someone out." He grabbed Kayla around the waist. "Now, I think it would be much appreciated if you left." Belle grinned.

"Gladly, Mr. Rodriguez. I hope you work on your Shakespeare tonight, Miss Evans. I'll see you in class tomorrow." Belle turned around and slowly began to walk away. Then Jet turned to face Kayla.

"Babe, you alright?" he asked.  She couldn't move.  She couldn't speak.  It was like every muscle in her body wasn't working.  "Kayla?  You there?" he asked, waving a hand in her face. She suddenly jumped to life, leaping out of the grip he had around her waist.

"Me? Oh, uh, yeah, I'm fine. Thanks," she said. She began to step a little further back. He leaned forward and laced her fingers with his, and dragged her a little closer to him.

"Don't be silly, it was nothing.  Anyways, I came back looking for you, I didn't see you in the crowd.  I just wanted to let you know that me and the team, and all the fans, we're heading to In n' Out to celebrate the win, you've got to come with us!" Kayla shook her head.

"N-no," she fakely stuttered. Alina was perfectly comfortable talking to boys, but Kayla wasn't. "I hardly know anyone, I shouldn't go."

"C'mom," he begged. "It'll be fun." She paused for a moment. Just look at him, he's so...

"Alright. I'll go." He smiled, and reached out to grab her hand.

"Yeah! Finally, I got you to go on a date with me!" Kayla blushed.

"It's not a date!" Kayla shouted. Jet spun her towards him. He gave her a peck on the cheek, and her face lit up red.

"Sure, baby. Let's go." He began to walk away, and with just a moment of hesitation, she followed after.

"IT'S NOT A DATE!!!"