Chapter 4 : Zara-Guilty ?

"Zara, we need to talk!"

She appeared right in front of me in an instant, a dark gas trailing after her. The gas was an after effect of her teleportation, something that was traceable and easily detected. These gases were similar to fingerprints. No one will ever have the same amount and shape of each gas particle. Colors will differ according to species.

"Okay, why don't you relax and have a seat?" I said in a tense expression.

She happily agreed and joyfully hopped towards me "What's up sis?"

"I was attacked by an unknown assailant a few days ago. But the culprit is still hidden somewhere, I've gathered several clues linked to the assailant. But somehow they seemed pretty well similar to you."

"I can't believe this! You're suspecting me?!" She said as she stood up in anger.

"Look into my mind. As a Parelthon Visioner, you'll probably understand."

****

"Okay, I see why you're suspecting me, but I am absolutely not the culprit and you know that! Right sis?"

"I won't arrest you. I promise, it's just a background checking and stuff, and in the worst case an interrogation and a one hour consultation with a Mind Surpressor. Trust me, just this once."

After hearing my words, she frowned. She was a bit reluctant at first.

"Martians will never lie, they are forbidden to keep secrets from one another. What makes you think that I'd lie to you? And another base fact you should've known, Martians will turn red when they lie! Is my face red?"

I shook my head quietly and scratched my head in anxiety.

"Well, let's just give it a shot. I mean, what's the worst that can happen?"

***

In the middle of the investigation, Zara kept using her telepathy and screamed inside my head. I frowned and hissed in pain, as much as it hurts to her, it hurt me too seeing her cries of pain.

I couldn't blame her though, the investigation was quite painful. Iris tests, truth tests, brain tests, memory reading. The investigation nearly took 3 days. I anxiously waited for the results, clasping my hands as cold sweat surrounded my fore head.

After the investigation, the investigator came. He scribbled through his papers, and announced the result. I stood over the chair trembling as he spoke.

"That's impossible!" I screamed.

"On the day where the assailant attacked you, Mrs. Spencer wore an exact same outfit as the assailant. The hidden DNA gathered from the enchantment's powder matched perfectly to Mrs. Spencer's, and the according to our database, the assailant had similar facial parts with Mrs.Spencer, which strongly proves that Mrs. Spencer is the culprit. She was only three blocks away from you and her teleporting skill could bring her to you in a matter of seconds. Anymore questions?"

I was shocked, pale, and speechless. I quickly went to Zara's cell. I saw her sobbing. I carefully walked towards her, and sat on her bed.

"It's okay sis, I'm sorry for doing that to you." She said in a mellow expression.

"No, it's nothing... wait, What ?!" I twitched when I suddenly realized what she meant.

"After I got your footage, I was so hungry that I quickly ran to the market without bringing my wallet. So, I went to my spacecraft nearby to get my wallet. But there was an invader inside my craft. I didn't know who the invader was because he was wearing a black hood and a mask that covered his face. Then, he suddenly lifted his arms and he kept saying a sort of alien enchantment. In 2 seconds, I fainted. After that when I woke up and literally gained my conscious, I was already in the market munching down a huge hamburger. I guess that invader possessed some kind of Mind Controlling Skill. But don't worry, once we succeed getting out of here. I already have my friends tracking him."

"Wait a minute...so you are saying you are the culprit?"

"No...I am the culprit but I was controlled by someone else. "

I was shocked, but I have to get Zara out as fast as possible. If not, she will be arrested forever once the warrant is out. I had thirty minutes before the Cops published their warrant. I started finding ways of exiting the Prison. Every single plan I came up it would fail in a matter of seconds. Zara read my mind and spoke.

"Don't worry sis, I have a plan."

***

Zara decided to transform herself into me to avoid distrusts between the detectives. After she managed to break out of the prison, then I'll ring the alarm and pretend that she is missing. I'll knock off the guard and escape the prison cell without being seen.

It was a stupid plan. From any possible point of view, I was sure that the plan would fail.

***

Zara had been gone for 10 minutes. I was still stuck in the cell. My noodle like legs twitched like crazy against the bed. As each second passed, I became more and more anxious.

But due to the fact that there were portal blockers nearby, devices that stops teleportation activities, Zara wasn't able to get out of the building quickly. Sneaking through exit stairs and air ventilations were the only possible ways of escaping.

***

10 minutes later.....

My spine started tingling, and my skin started to get itchy. I tried to scratch it off but in fear of waking the guard I tried to control it as hard as I could.

"Just ten more minutes" that was all I could think off! The itchiness was killing me.

"Do you need to go to the toilet Miss? Your twitching is disturbing."

"-and your job is to guard, not nap. You're not paid to take naps during watching sessions!"

There were a lot of similarities between the guard and the cop I met 4 days before. Both of them were too lazy, making quick bucks for a bottle of beer. Despite the fact that his laziness provided me a quick escape, his sluggy words kept provoking my anger.

***

I managed to escape quickly and ran across Zara in the woods nearby.

"They are in Planet Deiryia for now. Let's capture them before they escape!"

I was surprised. "Them? So, that means there was more than one culprit here?"

"No silly, Mind Controllers travel in groups of five. The real culprit is hiding with his group members. Mind Controlling and Surpressing is actually illegal without permission from the Great Galactic Council. That is why these Mind Controlling fugitives travel and hide in groups to protect themselves from their illegal act such as stealing, robbery, murder, and also breaking the ORL Law. If they were caught in any circumstances by the Galactic Cops, they will be sent to The Chopper; someone capable of destroying an organism's power by orders from The Great Galactic Council. The Chopper is a Phoyliticus Hybrid (an organism created by magic of the Great Council) and there is only one Chopper in this whole universe. That's because a new Chopper is only born after the previous one died or has already drained all of his/her powers..."

"Sorry Zara, but enough with the chit-chat, let's go already!"

"Oops, sorry sis..." she chuckled.

-End Of Chapter 4-