Chapter 9 : Unbelievable

The Colonel started his first strike

The Colonel started his first strike. He aimed his huge fist and punched the walls. The walls crumbled down as if they were nothing but biscuits. The crumbled rocks scattered throughout the room, and rose when he told them to.

The rocks floated, he raised his hands and aimed the rocks at me. I flinched and tried to avoid the first wave of rocks. As I gasped for air, he placed a second wave right around me. He formed a sort of barrier so that I couldn't escape while they were fighting. He was too focused building my prison that he even didn't notice Rendevel forming an electrical circuit around him, one wrong move could cost him his life.

Rendevel controlled the circuit forming the shape of a lasso, compelling the Colonel to weaken him. For a second I thought the Colonel was an absolute fool, but I guess I was wrong. His tall figure suddenly crumbled into ashes. The giant Martian was just a distraction.

"He used that as bait to drain Rendevel's powers. What a coward!" I mumbled. If my calculations were correct, the old man was scared to have Rendevel beat the crap out of him.

The real Colonel was actually Zara who stood a few foot way from the snickering Claire. Rendevel brushed off the sweat on his forehead. Clenching his fist and gritting his teeth at the Colonel's cheap trick.

He used a huge amount of power at once. His body probably couldn't last long in one hit. But he didn't want to give up. He challenged the Colonel once more. This time, he decided to use up every bit of electricity inside his body.

He yelled, and pointed his finger at the Colonel.

"I'm going to give you everything I've got, so watch out you old man!"

The Colonel smirked in disgust. His expression reflected his igniting emotions. He was mad, really mad.

***

Rendevel's body turned fluorescent yellow. He was glowing bright to the point I wasn't able to see him. He sped to the Colonel and punched him. The punch gave him a slight burn mark. The Colonel hissed in pain and wiped his face, growling in anger.

The Colonel returned the punch by giving him a kick on his chest. Then, he vanished. So did Rendevel.

Where the heck did they go?

I was too busy wondering to realize Claire standing beside me holding her samurai. I gulped in fear, trying to move my neck freely to escape the claws of her samurai.

"It's okay, I'm Zara!" She joyfully said. Despite her appearances, I doubted that she was Zara. Her actions, her words, and even her attitude seemed kind of different. Zara was overly sarcastic at times, and she would never say anything without the least of inserting her sarcasm.

"I beat Claire. She's now lying in the floor like a dead man? Get it?"

"Uh..." I doubtfully replied, glancing sideways as I finally managed to uncover her true identith.

She's Claire, Zara never made such awful jokes. The way she held her weapon, her words, her reactions, all of them were peculiar.

I pretended to reach out for her hand, I gave her a slight pull and kicked her knees, causing her to stumble down. Thankfully, I was right.

She was Claire. Phew! after a few minutes, Zara finally showed up.

"Sorry, the prison's rusty metal door made frictions against the ground, I never wanted to burn this whole place." She laughed as she rubbed her head innocently.

"I thought Martians had Master instincts?" I asked.

She smiled bitterly.

"You're different. You're a Martian Spechulanion, I'm just a regular Martian. Besides, the Colonel never took your powers, he just erased your neurons memory of doing the activity, hence the brain was damaged, and so-

"-so all this time, my powers still existed." I joyfully cried.

Zara gleamed at me asking me to inhale deeply and try to have control over those powers. She crossed her fingers anxiously waiting for my response. I did as she told me to. In a few seconds, I was floating. My body gradually transformed, my skin turned into jade scales. A thick armor covered me, and a light saber hanging on my hand.

"This is amazing!" I gasped in awe.

Without warning, Rendevel suddenly came through one of the walls, he was injured badly. His clothes were mostly burnt, his head was flooded with blood. I gulped in fear as I waited for the Colonel's retaliation.

The Colonel turned to me and smirked. His hands moved swiftly, two boulders floated to me, I jumped up and kicked the boulders.

I noticed a pile of crumbled rocks across the room. I concentrated and tried to elevate those rocks to surround him. Controlling them was easy, but forming a permanent barrier wasn't. His anger energy was overwhelming. He yelled and all of the rocks instantly scattered throughout the room.

He came back and punched me. Well, it tickled. I punched him back and he fell across the room.

A small spark appeared on the tips of my fingers, I raised my hands in fear and the sparks disappeared.

"Hmm..."

I raised my hands, pointing the sparked finger against the air, a huge amount of gravity force pinned him to the ground.

He groaned in anger, extremely forcing to lift his body up. But the gravity force was powerful, he thwarted his hands against the ground before finally passing out. I was proud. I used my Land Controlling powers and imprisoned him in a rocky dungeon. Rendevel groaned in pain as he finally woke up. I jumped and hugged him.

"You did it! I knew you would make it!"

"Thanks!" I replied as he rubbed my head.

"Hello Guys? I'm still here?" Zara groaned.

"Rendevel!" A loud voice pierced through my ears. Rendevel and Zara instantly bowed down.

"Your Highness..."

"Rise. . . Pleased to meet your acquaintance Lydia." He said as he reached out for my hand.

"Th-The pleasures all mine..." I blushed as he kissed the palm of my rough hands.

"Capture the Oracle!" the man ordered. A group of soldiers surrounded the devastated Colonel and chained his arms.

"Oracle? Wait, you're the Oracle?" I fearfully asked.

"Zara. . .help me. . ." the Oracle pleaded as she exchanged glances with Zara.

-End of Chapter 10-