Chapter 25 : The Spy

His bloody eyes marked his bad deeds, his bulky arms sent me quivering for an escape.

"Raid?" I weakly spoke, the binding was too strong to resist. My chest felt tight, my hands and legs felt numb. The metal needles, floated towards my neck. An inch and the poison would run through my veins.

He snickered seeing my tense situation.

"Raid? That dumbass would've never survived till now if it wasn't for me. He was a weakling who could only rely on others and betrayed them on alerting situations. I am different. I risk my lives for those beautiful green papers you have back on Earth? What do they call those? Cash? I'm always on the side of money, which brought me to capture you today my dear."

"Let me guess, Gianna sent you, didn't she?" I glared at him waiting for his response.

"You're feisty. You may thought that you could scare me with that glare of yours, but trust me, I've killed more than hundreds of women who gave me that creepy glare, only to have themselves stung by that single needle, containing Gracella Iata poison. But something tells me you're different."

"And that might be?"

"Your powerful energy may be the answer to the machine. You'll die eventually, but in a painful way."

I gulped hearing the sound machine. Was he referring to the Mind Illusion Machine? Something that Gianna used to use to suck up my power to fulfill her needs. My powers were overflowing, but they were unstable, which almost led me to death on certain situations. However, the machines were designed to absorb any kind of power.

He held out his paw and crumpled it, purposely controlling the binds to bind me till my arms bled. He dragged the chair to another room. A room covered in glass. In the center of the room were huge pipes, similar to a robot's arm, in the edge were sharp blades to cut through skin. The horror of going to the process again quivered me in fear.

He released the bind and carried me to the center. I was too weak to fight back, I couldn't feel a single spark or energy running through my body.

He took another syringe and injected one to my wrist, laughing crudely while convinced of his victory. I recalled my sister doing the job, while Gianna operated the robot arms.

He went to the control room and pressed a red gigantic button. The robotic arms immediately swung towards my body, the blades cutting to my skin and leaving my blood dripping slowly to the ground. I cried in pain as another one cut through my stomach, another one through my arms, another one through my calves. The blades had a hidden triangular claw on the edge of it injecting a dose of Ultra Sense poison, causing my senses to work abnormally and cause the pain crawling severely into my body.

The excruciating pain made me feel that death could be much sweeter. I was hanging weakly, my arms and legs pulled as if they were puppets. Blood flowing through my noses like water through malfunctioned taps, flowing without control.

Suddenly, a man busted into the room. Pressing the off button, the machines instantly weakened and dropped me hard to the ground. I hissed in pain, due to the sudden pull of the blades, they left a deep cut my arms and legs. I gasped panting for air as I crawled on the ground, dragging myself as strong as I could while resisting the scrutinizing pain.

The man picked me up and carried me somewhere else. I hoisted myself up as he reached for my back, carrying me outside the room.

***

"Lydia, wake up!"

I slowly opened my eyelids, my hands and legs unable to move, my entire body covered in bandages, and IV running through my veins. I carefully hoisted myself up and yawned. I stretched my arms and moved side to side when I finally realized the old man on the other side of the room.

His face looked pretty familiar. The interrogator? I thought.

"So, you're awaked. Raid told me that it would take some time for you to wake up. You've been asleep for twenty three hours."

"Raid sent you?"

"I'm his Dad, Colonel Rick James of the Inter-Galactic Soldiers."

I gasped as soon as I heard him. This can't be. The head of the Inter-Galactic Soldier was an old man who I thought was only a grumpy old interrogator.

He handed me my Captain suit and my gun. A tear dropped along my face as I scanned for my name tag. I rubbed the dusty name tag and beamed at it proudly. I fought hard, without revealing my background just to get this rank. It wasn't an honorable one but still, it was the first time I managed to attain something I wanted beyond my mother's control.

"Listen, this place is not an official prison of the Inter-Galactic Soldiers.  It's Light's training ground, or what he prefers to call Death Box. He was sent by your mother, an acquaintance of mine who wanted to get rid of you. As much as I love both of my rascals, I couldn't bare when I saw one of them pleading me to save his girl. Raid wasn't like his brother. He was kind, too kind at times. Light on the other hand, was blood thirsty and merciless. He was tricked by a Parelthon Hunter and leading him to believe that his brother betrayed him. I tried to convince him otherwise, but he wouldn't listen. A Martian Spechulanion is the only one who could save him. That's why your existence can help save both of my son's life."

I lowered my head. Despite the fact that he had high hopes on me, I wasn't able to save Raid. The darkness in me was to strong. It could harm Raid, and nevertheless kill him.

"Thank you, Sir."

"Don't thank me, thank Raid."

I nodded. I didn't expect Raid to come in handy at times like this. I only thought of him as a naive child, who knew nothing but mercy and kindness.

"Now, you must come back in three days, and bring Raid to the Death Box. He needs to confront Light and convince him to trust him. If he succeeds, then you'll easily restore the true memories inside Light's head. Clear?"

"Sorry for being rude, sir. But, going back to Zone 1 isn't an option. I was arrested."

"No, your mother was the one who ordered for your arrest."

I gritted my teeth hearing his words. She was definitely a witch who had destroyed my life. After all these years, she kept going after me to prevent me from sitting on that wretched throne. Being the first child of the queen was a death curse, a curse that had turned me into a horrible blood thirsty monster.

"But kiddo, Both Rendevel and Raid tried saving you by opposing the Queen. I on the other hand, hate seeing my rascals fight to save a girl. That's why I tricked the Queen and brought you here after interrogating you."

"So, let's get to the point. How do I escape?"

"That my dear is my question. Light will hate me for releasing you, but I have my way with words. You on the other hand, don't. I would suggest you fly over the forest. In an hour, you will reach Zone 1."

"But, I've used up my entire strength fighting earlier."

"Then, drink some of these. I'll give you an extra bottle in case if you've used up all your energy flying. These are called Gene Force. They force your body to work to its maximum. Only allowed once a month for regular Martians, you my dear aren't. You're able to drink this whenever you want. They replenish your dried up energy faster than the wind."

"Sweet! Thanks!" I winked as I jumped through the window, shattering the thick glass as I gripped onto the curtains. I took a sip of the drink before finally unleashing my hidden wings.

"Good luck kiddo!" His cheer echoed.

-End of Chapter 25 : Spy-