Chapter 12 : What happened?

The growling man rose up and climbed to the nearest tree. He looked up and flashed his series of fangs. He pounded his chest and started shooting laser beams. Rendevel and I swiftly escaped and hid behind a huge boulder.

"We need to draw the Circle of Oregon!" he shouted.

"What?"

"A holographic hollowed magic circles, made to..."

"Safe the explaining for later... how do we draw them?"

"Imagine them! Like this!"

"Huh?" I gasped as I saw him draw magical circles as barriers to protect us from the attack. The circles were floating around him, swirling in sync and sparking lights out of the damages they received.

"How do you-" I yelled as I tried copying his moves. I swept away any disturbing thoughts, but the circles just won't appear.

"Just try it! Hurry!" he yelled, he went forward and marched against the powerful laser beams. He crossed his arms and whisked through the air, the circles trapped the growling Prince and fried him using immense electric force.

I turned back and inhaled deeply, trying to get a good picture of the circle. I moved my legs outwards and threw my hands into the air, swirling them. But suddenly, a devilish creature started clinging towards my back.

"Let me go!" I cried as I tried to loosen its grip. The creature started biting my back as I thwarted her against the tree.

I swiftly turned and punched her as hard as I could. The creature fell on its back, growling in pain.

"Hey! What's gotten into you Zara?" I shrieked.

She jumped to me and gripped my clothes, swinging me into the nearest tree. I slid off the tree, groaning inwardly due to the pain stinging on my chest. The pain felt suffocating as it is. The worst part was that I couldn't retaliate.

Zara chuckled and came close to me. She squeezed my face and burst into laughter.

"How does it feel to be weak Lydia? Weak even though you knew you had wield such power?"

The tone she used felt familiar. Pictures flooded into my mind. However I was still clueless of her identity. Her standing position, her tone, the way she flicked her hair in boredom, it all made sense when I felt as if I knew her before.

"You still don't get it do you?" she smirked. She crept forward and plunged her finger straight to my neck. I cried in agony as her nails went through my skin, my head suddenly shook wildly. The whole picture finally came to me, I gasped as I finally caught on.

"You're Captain Gaia? The Neptunus Erecticus ?" I gasped.

She snorted and shook her head.

"It's Colonel Gaia. During your hiatus, and since you made the huge ruckus for controlling the key, I have grown significantly. My ranks grew by day, and I've finally made it as the Colonel of the Neptune Army."

As she continued babbling of her success, I pulled my hands as hard as I could. The bind was tight, and with each time her emotions arose, the binding became stronger.

"I know what you're doing." She blurted as she shot a dark glare towards me.

"You're trying to let me talk to my content as you tried freeing your hands. Rest assured, these vines are immensely powerful and they won't unbind themselves that easily. Only the Stalactite of Pagos could cut them."

I stood quiet, my legs had given up. She had thwarted every single escape plan I could think off. I had no choice, I growled wildly and the boulders floated. The boulders went straight for Gaia, flying across her and crashing hard into the ground. Surprisingly, she managed to dodge them all. She curled her fingers, and the vines started to bind me even stronger than before. I screamed, as the bind crushed my arms. I groaned in pain as my hands started to feel numb. Thorns grew out of the vines. A slightest movement will cost my life.

She burst into her cackle. Grabbing the Prince's collar wildly and punching him without mercy. The Prince choked out blood and slid down her hands. He had worn off his entire magical strength, which made him an easy target for Gaia.

My fury grew, which is ruckus she made, the turmoil rose in me. I flashed off my intense glare at her, she looked at me in horror as she stumbled backwards.

"That's impossible... you-you traitor!" She barked. She plunged straight into me, breaking my knees as her sword went right through me. I pulled it off in immense force and watched as my hands were soaked in blood. I yelled out my last battle cry, before I finally realized I was floating in thin air.

"Surprised? I thought that I could save the best for last!" I smirked.

Sparks of electricity ignited between my fingertips, I swirled through the air and went for her. I clasped my two hands and a streak of lightning descended upon her. But suddenly, a strange presence suddenly strangled me towards the ground.

"Rendevel? What are you doing?" I yelped as he squeezed me tighter.

"Lydia, I'm sorry! Sh-She's controlling me!" he cried.

I moved my finger outwards and pushed myself up, clasping my hands as I aimed for the both of them.

"This ends! Now!" I yelled. A huge amount of lightning descended on each of them, leaving Gaia crying in agony of the pain. Rendevel on the other hand was intensely gritting his teeth, absorbing the power.

"Th-Thanks Lydia! I'm all pumped up now." He smiled.

"We've got to get the Prince to safety, let's bring them both to the vessel."

"Got it!" he swiftly grabbed the two bodies and carried them to the ship.

***

"Are you awake?" I asked.

"Yes, where am I?" the Prince asked. He carefully stood up and brushed his hair.

"Back in the vessel, you're safe." I assured him. He sighed in relief.

"Rendevel is brewing a cup of coffee for you. He said you liked drinking caffeine every time you passed out. It's not very healthy though, I advise you to-"

"-well, it somehow energizes me and I always feel happy when I drink it. We aliens have different metabolisms to human. Caffeine never harms us, at least that was what the Royal Physician told me."

I left him as he drank the fluid, and headed straight for the door. I was carefully staring at the ceiling when I suddenly felt someone pushing me down. I felt back towards the ground, the man leaning against me. Our faces were extremely close, and I felt awkward as I stared at him dreamily. A bucket of reality drenched me as I finally realized our awkward position. I screamed in shame.

"Rendevel y-you!" I cried as I slapped him in reaction to my jolt. I quickly pushed him off and crossed my hands over my chest.

"I-I'm sorry..." He said as he rubbed off his hands.

-End of Chapter 12-