Chapter 13 : Battle of the Day

I slapped him. He backed off from me, groaning in pain.

"I didn't mean to touch-"

"-I would suggest you stop talking about it before I land a punch on you."

"Right, the kitchen's stove was broken, I was about to get the tool box in the Storage Room."

"I'm so sorry. I-I was... you have to go back to the infirmary. You're injured."

"As you can see, I am perfectly-"

I shot him a mean glare and clenched my fist, threatening him to head to the Infirmary.

"-right, I was about to get a nap anyway." He shrugged off as he entered the room.

***

A few minutes later, we arrived in Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. We decided to stop by to have a meal. It's been 3 days since I had my last one. I didn't eat anything while I was held captive. The dark night like sky welcomed us followed by the breezing wind. The starts shone brightly and guided us to the nearest city.

But to my horror, the whole place was deserted. I went to the nearest pub. I pushed the heavy door open, trailed by the voices of the cracks. I was startled, when I looked down to see what I just stepped. I gasped in horror. My stomach instantly churned, and goose bumps started forming on my skin. The pub was a gigantic grave yard. There were mountains of skulls lying on the floor. Some had horns, some were significantly huge, and some were tiny. But strangely, each of the skulls had a small pendant placed on their forehead. Words were carved onto the pendant. I went closer to the pendant and read it out loud.

"Colonel Spencer, 2001..."

A tear ran down from my eye. I walked forward to another mountain of skulls and took one of the skull, I was shocked seeing the name carved there, "Sergeant Collins, 1997..."

"Lydia, please stop!" He stuttered as he headed straight for the door. I became curious seeing his reaction. In a trembling voice, he spoke as he turned the door knob.

"Th-This place, used to be our training ground. Until, Elnicjansamemli came and killed our entire team. I fled along with you to Phobos. But, you left me there and pursued the prince to planet Earth."

"I didn't know... what to do back then, leaving you was the best option I could think of." I replied.

Images began to run down inside my head. I recalled the blackmail Elnicjansamemli offered to me, seeking my life in exchange of my comrades.

He became furious.

"Since when did leaving me with no food, no power, no vessel became the best option? How could you be so cold to me?"

I calmly replied, "I bet you would do the same thing I did if you were me."

He kicked the mountain of skulls and slammed the door leaving me behind. I didn't go after him, thinking it would only make things worse.

I decided to walk around the spot. I was so distracted to realize that I fell into a hole. My legs cracked the moment I fell into hard ground. I carefully tip toed as I leaned against the wall. A book almost caused me to stumble over. I picked up the old and dusty book, blowing the dust away as I dragged it to a stool nearby. I placed it on top of the table and sat on a wooden chair nearby. I opened the book and turned the first page.

" Year 2012

Team Alpha

Captain : Sergeant Spencer