Chapter 5 : Shocking Discovery

We arrived shortly in Planet Deiryia.

The planet was creepily well organized. Every alien walking in synchronized pace, talking in monotones, and acting like robots. There were shops everywhere, and every technology there seemed modern. Waving holograms, floating cars, sci-fi novel stereotypes.

"Um, Zara, how are we going to find those Mind Controllers in this huge crowd?"

"Don't worry sis, I have already planted a sort of tag on those fugitives, when the assailant enchanted me, I purposely scratched him, and placed a small tracking device on his hood. That way, I could still investigate him without being noticed."

"Okay, let's go."

***

After a long day, we arrived in a small apartment. We entered the building gaping at the awfully tight corridor.

"May I help you?"

"Uh... we're cops. We're searching for a group of black hoodies."

"Oh... I'm sorry but we disclose information regarding our customers." She coldly replied, refusing to take her eyes off the computer screen.

"Well, then you wouldn't mind getting arrested for not cooperating?" I snapped. The administration lady was impenetrable.

"Follow me." She motioned, heading straight for the elevator.

***

After the elevator opened in the top floor, we heard short conversations between people heading towards the exit stairs. Zara touched my Martian implant along with her neck and turned us invisible.

Zara went to my ear and whispered.

"Shush! It's them!"

We quietly walked out of the elevator and hid behind a giant vase. We saw the group walking down the exit stairs wearing black hoods. After they dissappared,we sneaked quietly and found ourselves in front of a room with the number 5.5.4.4

After a few tries, Zara finally managed to hack into the door system and unlocked the entrance. Zara held her gun and motioned me to go behind her quietly. We decided to split up and search the five rooms.

The first room I entered was really tidy and everything was well organized.

"I think, a woman might have stayed in here. Look at how tidy these things are... hmm, there's a picture here, I was right!"

"Hand it over please....hold on a sec! This is my childhood friend, Claire Collins! She's a fellow Martian and she is really skilled in Illumination and Flight. She was a famous fraud back then, but she was also a Captain in the Inter-Galactic Soldiers."

"Okay... I'll go to the next room."

As I entered the room, a horrible stench welcomed me. There were stinky socks hanging on the door handle and fish cans all over the place.

I called Zara, holding my breath as long as I could. The stench of the room was revolting

"The fellow living there is a Tricopediscillia. You see, seafoods are the Tricopediscillia species' favorite meal."

I reached over a hanging sock and tried placing it on a box nearby when suddenly Zara's voice rang loud in my ear.

"Don't move a single thing! Tricopedsicillias are masters at observing!"

"I got it. I guess I should check that last room over the corner."

"Go ahead. I'm going to scan this place and it's going to take a while so..."

"Got it!"

As I entered the room, my half-Martian brain suggested me of a familiar smell. I looked over around the place and came to realize I accidently stepped on a rotten fish cake. I leaped backwards in disgust, leaning against the wall.

But then I realized it wasn't the rotten fish cake that smelled familiar, the jacket nearby was the one attracting my nose. I snuck my hand in to a pocket and found an old leather wallet. Unfortunately, I didn't find his ID card. I was about to leave when I saw a small shining card beneath the bunk bed. I picked it up and started reading the shining card.

"This can't be... "

"What's up sis? Did you find anything suspicious?"

"Zara, come here!"

"Alright, what's wrong?"

"You might want to see this..."

"What is it?" She asked as she reached out for the card I was holding.

"This is impossible! This is a special ID for Inter-Galactic Soldiers and I don't think that the fresh bloody finger print was printed a long time ago... "

Just then, we heard a loud siren outside. We heard footsteps coming towards the door. Both of us nodded in sync and quickly snuck in to an open closet nearby, thrusting our bodies against the door in fear of the unknown presence. Suddenly, a cloaked man entered the room. We peeked through the key hole and saw the man walking back and forth. Our anxiety grew as he walked closer to the closet and strangely disappeared.

-End of Chapter 5-