Chapter 7 : Captured!

Previously,

Previously,

Despite her disagreement, Zara finally came forward and reached out for a hand shake. The man grabbed her hand and she threw her hand outwards and slammed the man to the ground. Her vicious laugh of victory creep me out. But strangely, the other three weren't budging to help. Why is that?

I woke up squinting my eyes, my stomach churned in hunger and my head felt as if it had broken into million pieces. The ghost-quiet room finally alarmed me of the situation. I looked around and saw Zara beside me. She was chained and strangely soaked.

I reached forward to her nose to see if she was still breathing. My heart raced as I realized she wasn't. I quickly stood up and pressed her chest, performing CPR for the first time ever. After a few seconds, she finally choked out all the water inside her throat. Despite being tied, it wasn't difficult for me to move around since the rope wasn't chained somewhere else.

When Zara woke up she uttered a few words that I wasn't able to decipher.

"Ir'k kha Pagos kun'ci de Parelthon kun'ci di tanghanki peju'angros. . ."

After a few hours, the cloaked man entered the room, carrying a food tray.

"Who are you? And what do you want? "

"Well, since it's impossible for you to escape that special prison, I suppose I could reveal my identity. . ."

He opened his mask and revealed his scarred appearance. His face was rough, his jagged beard, and sharp eyes stared tensely towards me. Despite the edgy facial features, he definitely looked similar to my wicked mother.

" You- don't tell me you are . . ."

"Colonel William Spencer is long dead. I'm someone else now. "

"Who are you? Gianna's new toy?"

"Not exactly, but she did promise to pay me if I managed to catch you. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Rick said you left for Earth? I thought you were different from your mother, but you both shared a similarity. You left the world for your guy."

"I'm nothing like her! Don't speak those words in front of me! She's a witch!" I hissed, the anger inside me exploded and burned into ashes.

"Yup, you two are definitely related." He spoke as in a wide grin. Every word he said was purposely spoken to provoke me, and the worst part was I couldn't control myself as he uttered those words.

"Hold on, what do you mean left for planet Earth?"

"You were in love with some Prince, you burnt the rest of the building and left Rendevel stranded in a deserted planet. How could you be so cold? You even burnt Zone 1 down, just to seek revenge on one of your comrades. You're a monster! That was why when the Council called me to have your memories erased, I was more happy than ever. Given the absolute power to do anything I wanted, made me crave for yours. So I took them, and your memories. Gianna paid me a mountain of cash for ruining you. Worth it isn't it?"

The truth felt more backstabbing than ever. There was no one to rely on. Not him, not my treacherous mother, and I started doubting that Zara was trustworthy. All the betrayal made me crave for their deaths. All I wanted was for them to die.

"Trust me Lydia, I know a monster when I see one. When I first met you, you were more than that, you were a beast locked in the palace. The years you were locked kept you from unleashing your vile and evil nature, but then one day. . ."

"I am not a monster. However, Gianna is!"

"Like mother like daughter." He said mockingly.

"I wish you could all die." I muttered quietly.

Wishing for their deaths won't be fulfilled without my powers.

I stood quiet for the whole day, I kept thinking about what he said earlier. Zara finally woke up.

"What's up with the gloomy face?"

"I'm fine."

"Looks like someone woke up on the wrong sid this morning-"

"-I'm telling you I'm fine!" I hissed.

"Didn't I tell you earlier what happens when a Martian is lying? Your face is as red as a tomato!"

I was surprised.

"What makes you think that-"

Zara laughed at me, leaning against the wall as she laughed out loud, too loud.

"Well then, I guess you knew that I was your sister."

"I knew who you were from the moment I met you in Planet Earth."

"Why didn't you tell me? You only acted as my sister because I told you so."

"Well, a part of me had to keep my identity a secret. You would've gone crazy if I told you that you to were a legendary combatant who swore to kill her an entire nation, including her family. Besides, you used to hate our mother. I never knew the reason though, and I refuse to read your mind just to know the reason."

My heart sank when she finally told the truth. All those years, I had lived without knowing a single strand of truth of my life, my identity, my family.

"Last week, the Colonel blackmailed me. He ordered me to kill you, or else he will kill both of us himself."

"Wait, what?!" I yelled in disbelief.

"I persuaded him to only keep you imprisoned, instead of killing you on spot. I thought-" She suddenly burst into tears.

"It's my fault Zara, not yours. But did I really lose all my powers?"

"No." She replied as she rubbed of her tears. "You will regain them somehow. Our powers aren't magic. They will resurface when a certain chemical acid is released by your body. The lack of chemical acid caused you to lose your powers. I'll give you a shot of the chemical hormone to reproduce those acids. That way, you'll regain your powers."

"You're right. I am a Martian Speculanion. I will defeat him." I strongly replied.

"But we have to get out of here, or else, I won't be able to kick his ass."

She carefully whispered to my ear while smiling hideously.

"Don't worry sis, I have a plan, and this time it's far better than the last one."

-End of Chapter 7-