Chapter 8 : The Unexpected

Zara as Captain of the Inter-Galactic Soldiers was fully aware on types of prisons used everywhere. She walked around the cage and tapped the walls, pulled the bars, she gasped when she finally noticed an electric spark rushing through the bars after she touched it.

"Th-This prison, I've seen one just like it, when I was sent to capture a wanted assasin, they used this kind of prison to cage him. The Death, was its name. The Death Prison was inescapable because there was no such key to unlock it. But, the electric currents are actually the ones keeping us locked. If we can absorb it, the cage will be nothing but rustic weak metal."

"So, how do we-"

"-Tricopediscillians are the only alien species who are electric proof. Inside their body there are organs that can absorb the electricity and re-generate them when needed." Zara explained.

"However, in our current situation, we're not exactly in good terms with Rendevel. I'm not sure he's going to help us."

Despite my uneasy feelings, Zara seems so determined that Rendevel will help us.

"He will help us sis, but only you can talk to him. He won't listen to me he'll only listen to you"

Suddenly a voice interrupted and said "I'm not that stupid anymore Zara!" it was Rendevel, busting the doors and leaving trails of shattered rocks as he walked closer to us.

His eyes were boiling red. He doesn't seem so nice anymore. He approached the prison and stood a foot away from us. I stood up shivering and went closer to the edge of the cage. I gulped as I finally built the courage to speak up to him.

"I-I lost all my memories, I'm sorry. Have we met before?"

He gave me a bitter smile and confessed.

"I didn't want you to leave me. So, I requested for the Oracle's help. But the Code that led to the Kingdom was stolen by the Colonel himself. Hence, I had to ask his permission to leave for the Kingdom of Parelthoners. He made a gamble. If I survived the suicide mission then he will grant my wish. Unfortunately he betrayed me, so I had to sneak into his room and searched for the papers. However, I was caught by Claire. She forced me to join the Colonel's army. In return, she'll let off the sneaking matter of the papers."

"I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you."

"How will you do that?"

"By getting my memories back, I promise I'll give you my answer in return."

"Hmm, fine. But Zara stays."

Zara nodded, and pulled my hands off hers. I was reluctant to leave her with the cold-blooded Rendevel at first. But, I knew at some point I had to face the Colonel.

The moment I left the prison, my brain started rattling. The gears were turning wildly, showing me directions and transitioning to the next one in a matter of seconds. The ghost-quiet building made me shiver in fear, but after a few turns, I managed to find the Colonel.