Chapter 23: Death

As I stared at the marble ceiling, I felt the chilly air surrounding me, the alcohol scent covering the room, and bandages covering my arm. The room was too silent that I even heard the ticking clock. The shining sun blinded my eyes as I pulled the drapes.

"It's seven thirty in the morning." I mumbled as I lift the blanket layer on top of me. I stretched my arms to warm up for a bit. My body felt so stiff as if it hadn't move for a thousand years. The creases formed on my shirt made me decide to change my terribly messy clothes in an instant.

Suddenly, I heard a loud grumble coming from my stomach. I carefully reached out for a sandwich beside me, without noticing a small note written beside it and munching it down as I observed the rest of the room.

I stood up and left the bed, walking towards another chamber connected to mine. I heard murmurs from the room, so I decided to go in. I was about to open the door when I heard a loud screech.

"No! Don't you dare touch me!"

"Why is that? Afraid that Rendevel would feel disgusted after seeing you raped ?"

"No, please Ereus!" The girl whimpered as she tried to fight him. I could hear her heavy breathing as he strangled her.

Ereus?

Strangely, a surge of energy started flowing in me, I kicked open the door and jumped towards the Ereus. I clenched my fist and punched his face. He rolled on the ground a few times before regaining his conscious. He growled in anger and shook his head. His claws grew longer and he instantly threw them at me. His punches were strong and his fighting style was quite unique. It's as if he was drunk while fighting, but his punches were too precise to be called drunk.

I swiftly dodged him and calmly defended myself using my metal wrist band. After a few hits, I came across a baseball bat hanging nearby, without haste I hit the man hard on his ribs. He struggled against the pain and carefully snuck out of the room.

I turned over to the girl half naked on the sofa. She wasn't wearing a single thing beside her undergarments. She sobbed and covered her face in embarrassment, reaching out for her clothes placed on a table nearby.

"Clair?" I mumbled as I bobbed my head to get a better look on her face. She quickly turned her face down to avoid my gaze.

"I didn't need your help." She shot back as she pulled her pants up.

I scoffed and crossed my arms. "Well whatever, but why are you in Raid's room?"

"Rendevel assigned me to watch over you so he could train the others. I was only playing with Ereus when he suddenly decided to rape me. I never thought he would do such thing. We were only playing around. Hold on, why am I telling you this and didn't you notice the note placed beside your sandwich?" She hissed whilst buttoning her suit.

"Woah, I'm supposed to be the angry one in here! You entered my chambers without permission and yes, I didn't notice the note."

"Well, fine, I'll leave. If you didn't need a guard looking after you then fine."

"Hey, you were the one who woke me up! And I was the one who saved you earlier! A simple thank you would suffice!" I screamed in anger, crossing my bandaged hand to my chest.

"Thanks." She mumbled as she slammed the door, leaving me in the big room, alone.

I locked Raid's main door and returned to my chambers. I sat on my table and took a frame placed nearby. All of a sudden, terrible voices of mocking appeared in my head. Causing me to flinch and lowered my head in pain.

Lydia, you're a monster! Lydia, you're a witch! You're such a garbage! You're not a warrior! You're too weak! You'll survive without me! You're nothing to me! You useless piece of...

"No!" I screamed as loud as I could. A fragile frame somehow was standing across me. I gasped hardly and threw the frame to the floor. I fell from the chair crying, the flow of tears just couldn't stop. My knees drenched in blood due to the shards of the shattered glass. Despite the pain, it was nothing compared to the pain I felt when I was slashed before my banishment.

"I will never forgive her," was all I could think off when it comes to my mother. How she abandoned me for accidentally hurting my sister, Zara. Despite the fact that she was the one who broke the vase. I was too kind back then to fix it, and to realize that mom will somehow love me. My entire existence only caused hatred to her. She never acknowledged me till the day I won the Mars Combat Championships, but even so, after fighting with Zara, I was always the one at fault.

I left her and went to my dad when I was fifteen. But he was even worse. He took all the money I had to pay his visits to the brothel, to drink a bottle of masi sampania, to rape young slaves. He was far worse than the guards raping me in the palace. He even sold me to have another round with the brothel's top madam. He was nothing but garbage and a terrible jerk.

"Slavery", kill or be killed was the only option. To survive the harsh treatment, you have to be the best amongst the others. You have to show no mercy when fighting, forcing me to kill every person I cherished in the camp. All those memories were those that made me who I am today. A monster. A weapon. An assassin.

"Lydia... you have a letter sent from your mother. Wow! Queen Gianna? You...you..."

"Burn it."

"What?"

"I said burn it!" I exclaimed as combustion started forming around me, creating a hurricane of fire surrounding me in a matter of seconds.

"Okay, calm down. Lydia, just calm down, your mother is actually worried about you. She even sent you medicines and doctors to tend you for the last three weeks."

"No, those are all only for politics...she... she's not my mother, she's a witch!" I screamed in anger, setting off the fire alarm in the building as my hurricane grew bigger and bigger. Swallowing my entire room and turning it into ashes.

A group of water controllers surrounded us and started pouring huge amounts of water in the entire room to stop the fire. Their efforts were useless. In a matter of minutes, the whole building was on fire. All of the students were evacuated. 

The only ones standing left in the crumbled building were Rendevel, Raid, and me.

-End of Chapter 23 : Death-