Chapter 6 : World's Saddest Jackpot!

I scanned over the last room, skimming over books lying on top of the desk. Lifting the blanket lying on top of the bed, I heard a short click sound. I walked across the room and picked a small thin metallic card. I wiped off the blood stain lingering on the card, but it wasn't erasable. I rubbed it as hard as I could but the stain wouldn't come off. I pulled it closer and carefully read.

"Col-Colonel.... Spe..Spencer ?! That's not...suppose to...Zara!"

"Alright, what's wrong?"

"You might want to see this.."

"What is it?" She asked as she went beside me to get a good glance over the card.

"This can't be! Our uncle is dead. This... where did you find-"

Just then, we heard a loud siren outside. We heard footsteps coming towards the door. Both of us nodded in sync and quickly snuck in to an open closet nearby, thrusting our bodies against the door in fear of the unknown presence. Suddenly, a cloaked man entered the room. We peeked through the key hole and saw the man walking back and forth. Our anxiety grew as he walked closer to the cupboard, Zara quickly strangled me and pressed a small button on my neck.

"What are you doing?" I hissed.

"I'm keeping us safe!" She replied. As our bodies turned invisible, I let out a sigh. Zara kept peeking through the hole, I stood behind her when she suddenly stood up and bumped her head against my chin. The man suddenly disappeared and Zara stood perfectly fine, as if she didn't experience the accident earlier.

"Ouch!" I cried.

"It's him. I should've known!"

"What is it?" I asked. Her facial expressions grew tense as she continued speaking.

"When a colonel of the Inter-Galactic Soldiers passes away, usually his subordinates bury his ID Card along with him. It sticks like a magnet towards its owner. That means, our uncle somehow is still alive and has dug out his tomb. Judging from the fact that the card was lying somewhere in this room. He's definitely alive."

"Okay, but if it was dropped in under his bed, don't you think that-"

"-well yes, technically when I said sticks like a magnet, it doesn't mean that the card literally sticks on your body. What I meant was it must be around his living space. Like his bag, or his room for an instance. A colonel is very careful on his belongings, but an old man can be clumsy at times. Our uncle is literally the clumsiest but wisest men in our family. This has to be him."

"Let's just head to the Great Galactic Council and seek for their advice." I offered, the whole situation was too difficult to solve.

Zara agreed.

"I'm starting to itch, let's open our disguise. Besides, they are gone."

"Fine by me" I answered. We went outside of the room, when suddenly the objects surrounded us floated and poofed off in an instant.

"What's happening?" I asked Zara as the objects started swirling around us.

"I see you are holding something of mind, Captain Zara. Hand it over!" said a voice accross the room.

I was bewildered to all these statements, Zara kept a hell lot of secrets from me.

I turned to her and asked her "Is it true, Zara?"

"Yes. Stay calm, I've got this" she confidently answered.

"Zara hand over the card, I'll let you go safe and sound."

"Oh, Shut up Ereus! I know all about your conspiracy...if you don't want to be fired by the Great Council then stand down! Claire and Rendevel you can just open those stupid hoods because I know who you are!"

I was so confused, I glanced over the group. How did Zara know all the identities of those fugitives?

Claire revealed herself. She too finally spoke to us.

"Hand it over Zara, or I'll trap her inside this-"

"-bla bla bla, stop it Claire. You sword never traps the Fallen, they are dead anyway."

Claire growled in anger, challenging me by holding her samurai towards my neck.

Rendevel lifted his cloak. But, somehow he looked a bit familiar. He touched his third eye on his forehead and his face changed in an instant. His face looked like Carl, my little apprentice.

I finally realized how Carl was managed to inspect tiny circuits, find dissolved evidence in only 10 minutes. His alien DNA helped him out most of the time.

"Wait, Carl? Is that you! You rotten little-" I squealed loudly. After a few words I became speechless, I never felt so betrayed.

He nodded and smiled deviously.

Despite her disagreement, Zara finally came forward and reached out for a hand shake. The man grabbed her hand and she threw her hand outwards and slammed the man to the ground. Her vicious laugh of victory creep me out.

A/N : I really suck in cliff hangers. Sorry 'bout that! Have a nice day readers!