Chapter 10: All Lies

Hearing the Oracle's arrest order, I quickly came to her and pushed off the guards

Hearing the Oracle's arrest order, I quickly came to her and pushed off the guards. The guards were about to retaliate when the mysterious man raised his hands, motioning them to stand down.

He carefully untied a pair of small strings on his neck, the mask revealed his beautiful face.

"Lydia, you have to restrain yourself from using your powers. Your organs will eventually rot without consuming the blood of an Oracle."

"What? You're telling me I'm supposed to drink her blood?"

"Yes, Oracles are nothing but shape-shifters. They are animals, on the bottom of the food chain. Given the damages that you received, you should have no problem restoring your energy."

"No! Please leave her alone."

"You have no right to order me! Besides, she's the wanted brunette you have dreaded."

"Oracle, is this-"

I was taken aback by his words.

"This can't be true."

The man went closer to the Oracle and reached for her neck. All of a sudden, her form changed. Her skin turned into rough scales, ones that looked like crocs. Her graceful silky dress turned into spiky ripped ones. She warmed up her husky growl, and scared away the soldiers guarding him.

"We are not animals! You Martians have led us into extinction! You feed on our blood!" The creature cried.

"Oracle, I've never drink-"

"Liars! Elnicjansamemli will punish you for your crimes!"

She quickly pushed away the guards, and flew above us, wrecking down the ceilings. The rocks fell to the ground, followed by her trail of laughter echoing as she flew away.

Zara carefully snuck a blade on her boots, a soldier accidently came close to her. She stabbed him and ran for the door.

"Zara? What've you done?" I cried.

Rendevel pointed his hands to the door. A streak of lightning descended before Zara, causing her to stumble over in fear. The Prince raised his arms and golden chains appeared out of nowhere. Zara struggled to move as the chain started binding her.

"Zara what's wrong with you?"

"That pathetic shape-shifter took everything from me and yet she failed her job!"

"What do you mean?" I frowned as I curiously asked.

"You'll find out soon enough." She slyly said.

Rendevel went closer to me and brushed my back in aid of comforting me. The Prince approached me too, offering his jacket to cover me.

"Let's get over this stupid drama! Rendevel, send her to the Prison Room. The ship will land in Deimos."

"Yes, Your Highness."

A large vessel descended above us, a trail of light transported us inside. Rendevel's expression withered as he watched me walk with the Prince. He pretended that he didn't notice a thing, but he was such a bad actor. Pretending to fix his vest was such an amateur act. I giggled. He was just as innocent as a child.

***

During our flight, the Prince led me towards a giant Archive. He started lecturing me on the Oracle's origins, and how they vanquished without warning.

"Hunters sent by the Titania, slaughtered them without mercy. The Council thought you were the Titania, a young Oracle eavesdropped on their conversation and reported to her organization. You were sent to Earth for protection. By erasing your memories, they won't realize-"

Suddenly, the situation became silent as Rendevel walked in the room.

"The ship is about to land, please prepare. That is all."

The Prince nodded and Rendevel walked away.

"My name is Light, you and I were...um... engaged before you were sent to Earth. I regretted a lot of things after you left. So I'm here now to finally confess my feelings. Lydia, will you marry me?"

He slowly leaned over to me, his head moving closer as I closed my eyes. As our lips touched, memories started flooding into my head.

The day we first met. I was still 16 years old back then, a sergeant in training.
The day we first dated secretly, we went to a pub in Mars and drank till midnight.
The first day we met on Planet Earth.
The day, we did our first Inter-Galactic Mission together.

All those beautiful memories flooded into my mind after the proposal.

Suddenly, Rendevel appeared. I was surprised. I froze for a moment and caught glances at him. He lowered his head, and he left the room. I moved back and leaned against the wall.

"Sorry...Your Highness I have to go..."

"but Lydia-" his voice trailed off.