Chapter 24 : Leaving

I was burning in anger, my emotions took me further than I had expected, leading me to ultimate failure. The thought of my mom who actually cared for me was absurd. She would never have done such a stupid thing. Several thoughts flew in my head as I stared continuously below. The white clean marbles reflected the image of me wearing a dungeon suit and chunk of glass clasping my nimble arms. A single spark of fire caused by my own igniting emotions could burn my own hand. My heart felt as if it had shattered into millions of pieces, unable to be fixed. The scene where Rendevel finally banished me kept haunting me until the moment I entered the waiting line. I was in a huge mental breakdown when I heard a joyful voice beside my right ear.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Samantha! I'm from Zone 13!"

I stuttered a few times before I replied. "I'm Lydia, Zone 1."

"Zone 1? But didn't the building collapse a few days ago? They said a crazy sergeant burnt the whole building in anger of her boyfriend cheating on her? Are you affiliated with the whore?"

I rolled my eyes after hearing her words, gossips between aliens are much more complicated. They tend to add up a few things on the story, leading it to an utter crap.

I spoke in a harsh and blank tone replying to her questions.

"One, yes the building did collapse a few days ago. Two, the crazy sergeant didn't have a boyfriend. She despised boys and mostly her own mother who drove her force to burn down the whole building. Three, no, I am the whore."

She gasped so loudly that it drove the attention of the entire line.

"You're the Lydia Spencer?"

She quickly moved to the edge of the wall, the entire room was surrounded in silence. No one dared to come near me, nor stand in front or behind me. All of them stood far away from me. Despite the fear they had towards me, I actually enjoyed it. Slavery brought me to know that people fearing you were the best thing that could happen to you. I never trusted the stupid watchmen, but I guess they were right after all. Fear was all I ever wished for since my mom abandoned me.

Suddenly, I heard a loud bark from the supervisor in charge, calling my name to enter the Investigation Room.

The room was white, from ceiling to the floor. The air felt chilly and there was a metallic table standing ten foots away from me, constantly creating a creaking sound as the interrogator tapped its surface. The interrogator grabbed my arm and pulled me towards a chair beside the table, gesturing me to have a seat. He was grumpy, old, but surprisingly polite. He offered me a drink before beginning the investigation. The water was clear, but it felt surprisingly sweet, similar to the taste of an alcohol. My throat longed for more as I took another sip. But, after finishing the entire glass, my muscles felt weak, and my eyesight started getting worse. I suspected that it was a sort of drug to keep me weak.

"Why did you burn the building?"

"I don't know." I said in a husky tone, lifting my head felt as if I was lifting a ton of grain sack. The effects of Mind Surpressing and the drug, kept me in a trance, my eyelids begging to close as my heart wished otherwise.

"Are you keeping secrets from your commanding officer?"

"I don't know." I became a little antsy after lying twice. I clasped my hand and my legs won't stop twitching.

"Who are you? Tell me more about yourself."

"I-I'm Lydia Spencer, 20 years old, a Martian Spechulanion."

"It says here that you are the daughter of Queen Gianna. Is it true?"

"Yes, but don't call me princess or stuff, it makes me cringe."

"Why are you ashamed when there's nothing to be ashamed of? You should think of it more as luck and..."

"Stop talking about her, every time her name goes through my ear, I feel like I'm about to hurl."

"You're not in the position of demanding me to stop. Queen Gianna is..."

"I said stop!" As I screamed for the second time, the metallic chains immediately turned into ashes. Fire started igniting on my fingertips. The glass shattered and fell right below my feet.

All of a sudden, he ran back and pushed a secret door open, the door blending to its surrounding. Strangely, I didn't have any thoughts on chasing him. My emotions probably exploded that time which caused a huge pump on my powers, but all I really wanted was for him to stop conversing about my despicable mother.

I picked up my empty glass and went outside the room. As soon as I twisted the door knob, I came face to face with a group of soldiers, each holding a sting gun. I raised my hands above my head, gesturing my surrender.

A masked man came forward to me and compelled my hands using a strand of copper chain. He dragged me to a dark underground room and told me to sit on the long chair.

As soon as I sit on the chair, he went to the other side of the room. The room was quite dark and humid. It seemed as if he disappeared into a fog. He came back bringing a large syringe, brushing my hair to the side before injecting the fluid to my veins. I gulped in fear of the terrifying situation. He pushed me back and placed my head on the top part of the chair. He placed a metal cubed cover above my eyes, and started pulling strings of needles towards my body.

"Relax. When this is over, you won't remember a thing. Say goodbye to your family, and most importantly your life."

The room felt as if it was a vacuum, with no gravity, and the stench of blood lingering on the man's suit. He walked towards me, bringing another syringe, when it suddenly fell down. He lowered his body as he tried to pick it up. His suit was probably too small for him that I accidently glanced over his nude hip, I was about to ignore it when I suddenly saw a small mark carved on his hip.

"Parelthon Kynigos." My eyes widened after finally realizing the truth. This man wasn't part of the Inter-Galactic Soldiers, he was a spy sent by my mother. I gritted my teeth and tried busting the copper chains. For the first time, I was actually hoping that my sparks could save me. I used to hate the fact that I was a nature wielding monster. I tried to shake the chain off, but it started binding my hands even tighter, to the point where they could fall off. His stare was familiar. I've seen him before.

"You've caught on quickly, Lydia. Miss me?" He said in a seductive tone as his lips curled up to his cheeks.

 -End of Chapter 24 : Leaving-