chapter 3

I suppose if you haven't told anyone about this journal yet, you deserve to know our names.

My name is Hazel Matthews and his name is Greyson James.

"Hazeeeeel thisss wasss a terrrible ideaaaa," was the last thing I heard Greyson say to me before the electricity, shaking and whirring had numbed my senses and everything became black.

I awoke, and the sky I looked up at when my eyes opened, was almost pitch black.

"Greyson!" I yelled, sitting up.

He was sitting up as well, rubbing his eyes, as confused as I was.

As soon as I sat up, I realized how out of breath I was. And when I sat up, it was a bit of a struggle.

I looked down at my body, to find a light blue dress on. I stood still confused, and helped Greyson to his feet.

"Where are we?" Greyson inquired looking around.

"I have no idea," I said looking to the dirt road we now stood on "this is certainly not my grandmother's basement."

All of a sudden, Greyson burst out laughing.

"What?"

"Look at what you're wearing, ive never seen you wear a dress before, except for to church."

I looked down again, now fully noticing the detail of the dress. The dress was light blue, and had a waistline above my waist by a few inches, and a skirt that reached just below my ankles. It had small poofy sleeves and had a transparent fabric, that had small blue flowers near the hem, that covered over the blue. It had a scooped neckline, and I wore little dainty blue shoes on my feet.

"This is quite unnerving," I said under my breath "take a look at yourself Grey."

He looked down at his outfit, that was completely different than his normal attire. He wore slacks, with a vest, white shirt and boots.
He looked similar to a newsie, but more like a farmer.

I had moment to realize that under my garment I was probably wearing a corset, and that is why I was so out of breath.

"I can't breathe, I'm pretty sure I'm wearing a corset, and it is very uncomfortable."

We looked around, and quite a bit away, were the lights of a manor.

"We should head for the house down there, maybe we can be directed to a town or something, and figure what is going on," Greyson said very sensibly.

"I agree that sounds like a good idea."